Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam upgrade using Skypeso

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Skyteam upgrade using Skypeso

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out if I can use Skypeso for KE flight from CDG-ICN, and then ICN-ATL the agent told me it is possible if I book it in Y/M/B but unable to give me the amount of miles I need for the upgrade unless I have the reservation made.

Anyone use this feature and know how much miles I need?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It used to require a full Y ticket. The miles will be awful. Consider DL charges 30k oneway to upgrade a DL Y TATL ticket.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
The fact that the agent can not give me the amount, makes me think it follows the dynamic pricing rule also.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jma12
The fact that the agent can not give me the amount, makes me think it follows the dynamic pricing rule also.
Upgrade awards are set amounts. However ST Y fare upgrades can't be processed by most agents. They have to send you to a support desk.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Upgrade awards are set amounts. However ST Y fare upgrades can't be processed by most agents. They have to send you to a support desk.
Thanks, *A upgrade seems alot eaier than this. Perhaps I should just upgrade via KE Skypass instead.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I see references to mileage upgrades for DL, VS, AF, KL, and AM flights but not KE.

Mileage Upgrade Awards allows you to use miles to upgrade on most Delta-operated flights and on certain Virgin Atlantic-operated, Air France/KLM-operated, and Aeromexico-operated flights.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...d-more.html/#a
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I see references to mileage upgrades for DL, VS, AF, KL, and AM flights but not KE.

Mileage Upgrade Awards allows you to use miles to upgrade on most Delta-operated flights and on certain Virgin Atlantic-operated, Air France/KLM-operated, and Aeromexico-operated flights.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...d-more.html/#a
OP is referring to a Skyteam upgrade. Which require having a full Y ticket and only can be done on certain ST partners. These are not the same (though work similarly) as mileage upgrade awards for AM, VS, AF/KL.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
This was years ago but I remember being quoted 45k SM TPAC. Whatever it is now, it's probably not worth it. I think the Skyteam upgrade awards only exist for PR reasons. Nobody knows how to do it, and the odds of something going wrong are high. Best case you end up in Business class for a lot of miles and $$$, worst case is you waste a lot of money on a Y ticket, a lot of time mucking about with agents. and end up in coach anyway

EDIT: This person stated it was 25k with a full Y fare. But it was over 10 years ago. Skyteam Mileage upgrade program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.