Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Duh? I give the bouncer an Old Hickory handshake and head on in.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by LBJ
Amex knows you have both. Pretty sure they wouldn't let DL get away with charging them when they know you have the Reserve card.
Does DL not charge Amex for access granted via Reserve? I'd always thought it was a similar relationship as with the Plat.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
Does DL not charge Amex for access granted via Reserve? I'd always thought it was a similar relationship as with the Plat.
I would have assumed so, although the price AmEx pays might be different depending on which card is used for access.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
It's hard to know how the rather large annual fee may figure into this. I had assumed that DL gets a chunk of that to pay for SC rather than paying per visit. Though perhaps the fee is really used to offset the cost of the companion fare. Considering that the fee is similar to that of Amex plat, but does not come with most of those benefits, I have to assume that the money is all or mostly going to DL.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It's hard to know how the rather large annual fee may figure into this. I had assumed that DL gets a chunk of that to pay for SC rather than paying per visit. Though perhaps the fee is really used to offset the cost of the companion fare. Considering that the fee is similar to that of Amex plat, but does not come with most of those benefits, I have to assume that the money is all or mostly going to DL.
IME the Reserve card has inferior (telephone) customer service compared to the regular Plat charge card too. Far too many calls to the Reserve card number are sent to some offshore call center, where the agents don't seem very competent. It's better to call in on the customer service number for the Plat card.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Guest access question

Hello all. This was the closest thread I could find to ask my question so please forgive me and feel free to move this post if need be.
I have a trip coming up (PHL-MSP-LAS LAS-DTW-PHL) on DL. I am traveling with 3 other pax. Myself and one other have an Amex Plat card. I also have a DL Amex gold card. My question is if that myself and the other plat holder gain access to the skyclub and I pay the $29 guest fee for each of the other 2 pax, will that allow them access to only that club for that visit or will they have access for the remainder of the day? Example say we use the skyclub prior to departure at PHL, will the guests have access again in MSP or will they need to pay another fee for entering the skyclub?
I have never had any experience with bringing a paying guest into any lounges so forgive me if this should be common knowledge.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Pittie Pup
Hello all. This was the closest thread I could find to ask my question so please forgive me and feel free to move this post if need be.
I have a trip coming up (PHL-MSP-LAS LAS-DTW-PHL) on DL. I am traveling with 3 other pax. Myself and one other have an Amex Plat card. I also have a DL Amex gold card. My question is if that myself and the other plat holder gain access to the skyclub and I pay the $29 guest fee for each of the other 2 pax, will that allow them access to only that club for that visit or will they have access for the remainder of the day? Example say we use the skyclub prior to departure at PHL, will the guests have access again in MSP or will they need to pay another fee for entering the skyclub?
I have never had any experience with bringing a paying guest into any lounges so forgive me if this should be common knowledge.
The $29 entry is valid for only a single club if that is the method of entry. It is not a full day-pass. If you pay $29 per person to enter the SC in PHL, you will have to pay $29 per person again in MSP if you wish to use the SC there.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:55 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access has all the details, but the short answer is "one fee per visit" and they would have to pay again since it is not a day pass but a per-visit guest fee. (Day passes existed at one time but have been gone for years now.)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks ATOBTTR and CKDGM! I appreciate the quick responses. I remember reading about when DL SC "day passes" existed. I just assumed they were available to any pax willing to pay the fee back then. I wasn't sure is the new "guest fee" was eligible for a single visit or was similar to the old day pass.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:38 am

Thanks ATOBTTR and CKDGM! I appreciate the quick responses. I remember reading about when DL SC "day passes" existed. I just assumed they were available to any pax willing to pay the fee back then. I wasn't sure is the new "guest fee" was eligible for a single visit or was similar to the old day pass.
There have been some anecdotal reports of people at airports which have multiple SCs (ex: ATL, MSP, DTW, LAX, JFK), paying the $29 fee at one of the clubs and being allowed to move to another one within the same airport. Note that this does not appear to be allowed within the rules, but seems to be granted as an exception.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
There have been some anecdotal reports of people at airports which have multiple SCs (ex: ATL, MSP, DTW, LAX, JFK), paying the $29 fee at one of the clubs and being allowed to move to another one within the same airport. Note that this does not appear to be allowed within the rules, but seems to be granted as an exception.
To add an anecdote - I paid the $29 at the BOS Sky Club near A18, and they proactively mentioned that I could also use it at the Sky Club near A7 by showing my receipt. Worked fine, though I'm glad I only moved to A7 for a few minutes as it was extremely crowded.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
While it is not policy, I suggest that you keep the receipt and ask about gaining entry. It's possible that an agent will allow you to enter, especially if the club is not busy at the time.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
While it is not policy, I suggest that you keep the receipt and ask about gaining entry. It's possible that an agent will allow you to enter, especially if the club is not busy at the time.
I have also seen the receipts stamped with an ink "SINGLE VISIT JFK" or other location stamp.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Bought a guest pass for my son for a 40 minute visit to C Sky Club in ATL.
After a crew timeout, rescheduled flight, then gate change for that flight, we used that guest pass in 3 different ATL SC's over 3 hours.
No questions asked by the agents.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:40 am

I guess it never hurts to ask. I will have my guests retain their original receipts and see what happens at the next SC. I have no problem paying again and having them reimburse me later (a secretly smiling inside knowing I'm earning double miles on the purchase from Delta).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.