Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by film_girl

Good call! As the next poster said, I wonder if status/co-branded cards would make a difference? I’ve got a Gold DL Amex (which is nothing but gives me the $29 access) too, and have never been denied even at a busy club, but that’s a good call.
It can, and does happen. My dad has a DL Amex Gold and was denied the $29 entry at LAX a few days before Christmas. The attendants were letting members in (not sure about Amex Plats) along with STE+, but my dad was told they could not sell him an entry due to overcrowding.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Another data point on non-swipe Plarinum Amex access. Went to the club today to deal with IROPs and grab a drink. The agent scanned my BP and helped with my IROP without ever asking for a swipe of any kind.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Same thing happened to me in the ATL B Club. I pulled my Amex card out, and the agent said "No need, it is linked in your account"
just had the same in HNL. she said as long as you put the card in "my wallet" in the app you don't need to show it anymore
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Another big category would be those with the Reserve card.
i have both Delta Reserve and non branded Plat. I am not sure which one it hits when I scan the boarding pass.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:44 am

Just so I'm clear. PMs do not get club access on domestic only itineraries? And.. if you have a amex gold and wanting to visit the club on 2 layovers on a trip, its $29 per leg? Asking for a friend .
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jon_R

i have both Delta Reserve and non branded Plat. I am not sure which one it hits when I scan the boarding pass.
I would guess it would "hit" the card that's listed first, as your primary card, in your DL FF account.

I only have the Reserve card listed because I don't want an agent to charge a ticket to the wrong account and cause me to lose some (redeemable) miles. Similarly, I only list my regular Plat card with Hertz because I fear that if a rental were charged to the wrong credit card, I would lose the insurance coverage.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Just so I'm clear. PMs do not get club access on domestic only itineraries? And.. if you have a amex gold and wanting to visit the club on 2 layovers on a trip, its $29 per leg? Asking for a friend .
This is true. Not even DMs and nor even those who have paid a FULL F fare get lounge access on domestic itineraries.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
This is true. Not even DMs and nor even those who have paid a FULL F fare get lounge access on domestic itineraries.
Of course you are strictly speaking correct but I personally find it unbelievable that a DM would not choose Skyclub membership as one of their 3 Choice Benefits
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Of course you are strictly speaking correct but I personally find it unbelievable that a DM would not choose Skyclub membership as one of their 3 Choice Benefits
In the past, I would have found it unbelievable that a USA based DM wouldn't have the Reserve card. No need to use a choice benefit for SC access.
gooselee and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only have the Reserve card listed because I don't want an agent to charge a ticket to the wrong account and cause me to lose some (redeemable) miles. Similarly, I only list my regular Plat card with Hertz because I fear that if a rental were charged to the wrong credit card, I would lose the insurance coverage.[/left]
You earn 5x (redeemable) miles on the Amex Platinum (well, MR points, but they transfer directly into DL), why would you charge tickets to your DL reserve card?
vincentharris likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You earn 5x (redeemable) miles on the Amex Platinum (well, MR points, but they transfer directly into DL), why would you charge tickets to your DL reserve card?
I would guess it would "hit" the card that's listed first, as your primary card, in your DL FF account.

I only have the Reserve card listed because I don't want an agent to charge a ticket to the wrong account and cause me to lose some (redeemable) miles. Similarly, I only list my regular Plat card with Hertz because I fear that if a rental were charged to the wrong credit card, I would lose the insurance coverage.
I was about to ask this too, the better deal is using the Amex Platinum charge card and transfer back to DL if you want to.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Won't answer for her, but I would guess it is likely the same reason I have the reserve:
1) MQM boosts
2) BOGO FC ticket
3) Upgrade tie breaker

I agree that 5x versus 2x is better, but I get plenty of miles. I have the reserve for these 3 reasons.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I did not... ALL my flight are international (my DM give me lounge access in this case).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:27 am

I want to make sure I get the extra MQMs, so I'm concerned about spend until it's clear that I'll hit those targets. I don't want any big purchases going to some other card early in the year.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:29 am

In the past, I would have found it unbelievable that a USA based DM wouldn't have the Reserve card. No need to use a choice benefit for SC access.
I am a diamond and use the Delta Amex Plat and the Amex Plat. After I get the 50k spend on delta, I switch to unbranded. Those points are more versatile and valuable to me than are the RDMs from Delta cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.