Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

US Northern Plains Weather Waiver, 12/26, 12/27/18

Old Dec 24, 18, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, AA, Jet Blue .... Whichever is Cheapest

US northern plains weather wavier 12/26, 12/27. Rapid City, SD to Duluth, MN. Does not include MSP.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...winter-weather
Old Dec 26, 18, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's just the smaller airports in MN, SD, and ND. IIRC a few of them have mainline service.
Old Dec 27, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Its not here in RST. Just rain here today. Bad conditions far to the NW.
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
I'm headed to London on DL30 tonight from ATL.. i'm wondering how the WX there will be early this evening.. currently shows nasty squall lines going towards ATL. Properly firerce plane grounding stuff..
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In general, large aircraft can deal quite well with severe weather, although the airport might be forced to increase the spacing between takeoffs and landings, so there can be ATC delays.

If you have a connecting flight from PNS to ATL, you should monitor it closely and possibly try to get switched to an earlier flight if you're scheduled for a tight connection. I could also be wise to arrive at the airport a bit earlier than usual in cases there are problems.
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:05 pm

MSP: yup i'm keeping an eye on the local connection as that
the weakest link in my trip tonight. See everyone in the B concourse Sky Club tonight!!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
In general, large aircraft can deal quite well with severe weather, although the airport might be forced to increase the spacing between takeoffs and landings, so there can be ATC delays.

If you have a connecting flight from PNS to ATL, you should monitor it closely and possibly try to get switched to an earlier flight if you're scheduled for a tight connection. I could also be wise to arrive at the airport a bit earlier than usual in cases there are problems.
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:12 pm

B concourse? Doesn't LHR depart from E or F? Or are you planning a SC crawl tonight?
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:22 pm

You are correct..on the Term E/F London flghts. I was sort of hinting that any chaos/meltdown out of ATL would find many fliers (Medallion and not) camped out in the SC..

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
B concourse? Doesn't LHR depart from E or F? Or are you planning a SC crawl tonight?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: