Wiki Posts
Search

DL PVG China Eastern Connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
DL PVG China Eastern Connection

I have a (delayed) flight today that was originally supposed to have a 4 hours connection in PVG, and now thats looking like 1-2 hours -- which from everything I read is very tight. Flying in Delta One (award ticket) if that matters. Both flights are on same PNR, my MU flight is in J to Singapore.

I have two items that worry me:

First is my China Eastern BP Says Flight Coupon REQ -- not sure what this means and is a bit worrysome - Delta has me with a backup flight incase I miss my connection for 9am next day, they said this may be the issue, but the agent at the SC confirmed that I am ticketed on the 11:30pm flight.

Second is - I only have carry-on baggage. Do I need to go through immigration or anything? Very much wondering about timing.

Appreciate any help!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

1-2 hours should be fine for that connection.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I just did 2 connections in PVG -- flying JFK-PVG-TPE and TPE-PVG-LAX. All flights were on MU, but the process should be the same. Before you get to Chinese immigration you turn off for transfers (not especially well signed, but there are staff who can direct you). There is an automated gate -- insert passport and onward boarding pass, the gate opens, you go up 1 level by elevator and then reclear security. Both times I went through (5 am and 5 pm) 1 hour was plenty of time.
The MU lounge is fairly nice and wasn't crowded when I was there.
Not sure about the flight coupon REQ notice.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks - hopefully since its fairly efficient ill have time to deal with whatever the flight coupon thing is. Delta here at DTW is clueless and just basically shrugged and said "China Eastern, who knows"
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
In the same boat. Can DL in DTW print a MU BP that’s on a different ticket or do I have to get to the transfer desk in PVG? Only ever done MU-MU connections in PVG where I had the onward BP.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
There's a fairly comprehensive thread about PVG transfers in the Destinations forum. Suggest also looking there to gain any additional insight. Transiting in China in general is not as easy as it should be.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: DL G, UA G, IHG SA
MU has a transfer desk in PVG right before the transfer gate.

Originally Posted by suvayanr
In the same boat. Can DL in DTW print a MU BP that’s on a different ticket or do I have to get to the transfer desk in PVG? Only ever done MU-MU connections in PVG where I had the onward BP.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Only if checking bags through across tickets. Otherwise no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.