Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge when leaving Montreal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by The Situation
You are lucky! I was turned away from the KLM/AF lounge at YYZ.
I would much rather you be unlucky than me be lucky about this.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Weekend Away
I would much rather you be unlucky than me be lucky about this.
Ha ha!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I've been able to get access to the AF lounge while connecting in YUL. YQB-YUL-ATL. Transboarder= international.

I've never tried originating at YUL and getting to the lounge, but if you land there from anywhere else you should be good. All domestic and international departures are now connected airside, except flights to the US of course, so you can physically get to the lounge with any boarding pass.
The US pre-clearance area has it's own security checkpoint (A). You can't get to the rest of the airport once you are beyond it. Checkpoint C is used for Canada local and all other international points.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by LBJ
The US pre-clearance area has it's own security checkpoint (A). You can't get to the rest of the airport once you are beyond it. Checkpoint C is used for Canada local and all other international points.
Correct. Which is why you're SOL, lounge-wise, if you're originating in YUL and heading stateside.

Which is also why PP should make an offer that Air Canada can't refuse for lounge access. A lot of DL (and Oneworld!) pax have no lounge option at YUL.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
You can't get past the security and into the airside terminal with the Air France/KLM lounge holding a boarding pass to the US?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nope.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I've been able to get access to the AF lounge while connecting in YUL. YQB-YUL-ATL. Transboarder= international.

I've never tried originating at YUL and getting to the lounge, but if you land there from anywhere else you should be good. All domestic and international departures are now connected airside, except flights to the US of course, so you can physically get to the lounge with any boarding pass.
Same at YYZ, if arrive on a domestic Canadian flight you'll have a physical way to get to the lounge. (though not worth the time spent walking IMO, as transborder and KL lounge are opposite ends of airport)

If you originate at YYZ or arrive on international flight then there's no physical access to lounge. Security will direct you straight to transborder area.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:43 am

ST and OW elite status and premium cabin passengers departing YUL are surprisingly underserved. All accessible ST and/or PP contract lounges are located outside the US trans-border zone, due to the presence of US Customs/Immigration/Border agents performing pre-clearance duties resulting in that gate area effectively being a US sterile zone. Its sanctity would be breached if passengers would be able to enter or leave from the domestic or international gate areas which have only passed security, but not customs and immigration and are still in a Canadian zone.

Interestingly, many years ago, DL did operate a Crown Room Club at YUL. That was before the DL/NW merger and when Mirabel Airport handled international air traffic out of Montreal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.