Search

A350 equipment swap DTW-AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
A350 equipment swap DTW-AMS?

Hi there,

currnetly en route to Detroit and noticed what looks like an equipment swap for today’s DL134 DTW-AMS. We are booked in d1 (award tickets) and were looking forward to the suites. Any recourse with Delta for the change?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
That would really suck in my mind if I picked that flight with THAT equipment and it got changed out to some old 777/330.

Yes, I know it is always subject to changes... blah...blah...blah...

But some of us really like and look forward to specific equipment.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:57 pm
k2

Same thing happened last weekend - I was coming back on 135 which was supposed to be the A350, instead it was a 330.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Yea frustrating for sure! Especially as we booked the specific routing MSP-DTW-AMS with a connection on BA to LHR.

Call me crazy, but was a steal for 70k skymiles. I tried switching to the nonstop to LHR but no luck. Ill write in and see if they throw me a bone.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by k2
Same thing happened last weekend - I was coming back on 135 which was supposed to be the A350, instead it was a 330.
I was on flight 135 last Saturday as well and was lucky enough to be downgraded from Premium Select to Comfort+.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by jztelemark
I was on flight 135 last Saturday as well and was lucky enough to be downgraded from Premium Select to Comfort+.
Were you offered any compensation?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Hi there,

currnetly en route to Detroit and noticed what looks like an equipment swap for today’s DL134 DTW-AMS. We are booked in D1 (award tickets) and were looking forward to the suites. Any recourse with Delta for the change? .

Thanks!

The only A350 that hasn't flown in over 30 hours is N510DN which arrived at DTW yesterday, and departs to PVG tomorrow, so it must have needed some mx at DTW for the 51 hours it will be there. Perhaps this caused your flight to be subbed to an A333.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N510DN
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Yea frustrating for sure! Especially as we booked the specific routing MSP-DTW-AMS with a connection on BA to LHR.

Call me crazy, but was a steal for 70k skymiles. I tried switching to the nonstop to LHR but no luck. Ill write in and see if they throw me a bone.
If this had been a paid ticket there'd be a premium for being on a D1 Suites trip. Would've been switched to nonstop most likely in that case.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Nice

Were you offered any compensation?
Sadly no but still received 1.5 MQM. Thinking about asking but ultimately 10,000 miles will not make a difference
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: DL DM

Sadly no but still received 1.5 MQM. Thinking about asking but ultimately 10,000 miles will not make a difference
It takes just a few minutes to fill out a form. I would make that investment for some miles. I received 15k credit for a flight that was freezing cold.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
The only A350 that hasn't flown in over 30 hours is N510DN which arrived at DTW yesterday, and departs to PVG tomorrow, so it must have needed some mx at DTW for the 51 hours it will be there. Perhaps this caused your flight to be subbed to an A333.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N510DN
Yea, there were a lot of theories on board regarding what happened. The A350’s pilots ended up dead heading in D1 and didn’t know what happened, but it sounded like they were going to fly an A350 back (perhaps today or tomorrow’s flight).

The captan of our A330 was late arriving to the aircraft and said he had come in last minute from Virginia, so it seems like it was a relatively last minute thing.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
If this had been a paid ticket there'd be a premium for being on a D1 Suites trip. Would've been switched to nonstop most likely in that case.
If this had been a paid ticket, I would have expected that and much more as the D1 suites are priced higher, along with everyone in Premium that was downgraded. I understand DL is trying the best they can to try and get people their, but I am sure they have a system or something in place when that happens. Sort of like when you buy F but end up in Y if your flight is cancelled.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador

You absolutely should get compensation. Premium Economy to C+ is a massive downgrade - both from experience and from a cost perspective. I would be demanding a refund for the difference in fare (real refund, not Delta bucks) plus a least some token inconvenience compensation in SkyPesos.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by ethernal
You absolutely should get compensation. Premium Economy to C+ is a massive downgrade - both from experience and from a cost perspective. I would be demanding a refund for the difference in fare (real refund, not Delta bucks) plus a least some token inconvenience compensation in SkyPesos.
Absolutely right. PS is a better seat, better food, better amenities, etc. than C+, and priced accordingly. Not equivalent at all.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Agreed, if they charge a premium for the A350’s suites over standard D1 and Premium Select over C+, then they don’t get to just shrug and say “equipment swaps happen” when you don’t get what you paid for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.