Wiki Posts
Search

Delta & Qatar Feud

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Why do you lmake things up? MLW is not the wrong code...
MLW is a secondary airport in Monrovia, with limited and erratic service. ROB is what qualifies as the major airport in the country.

All air service to/from the country was severely impacted by the Ebola outbreak a few years back and it has yet to recover at all. Sierra Leone was similarly impacted. It has nothing to do with JVs.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pbarnette

Sure. And the “shades” for the ME3 are in the tens of billions of dollars. That is not the case for either SQ or CX.

I suspect DL finds them quite relevant. Heck, I suspect CX and SQ, both of which are hurt even more by the ME3 find it relevant, too.
How do you know it’s 10’s of billions of dollars? Just throwing a number out there or have proof?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77

How do you know it’s 10’s of billions of dollars? Just throwing a number out there or have proof?
EK, alone, admitted to nearly $10bn. And that is just what they admitted to. Even if one doesn’t believe the US3’s claims of more than $50bn, it is almost certainly in the tens of billions.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

Why do you lmake things up? MLW is not the wrong code...

And STR and DUS are definitely not year round. They were not operating when I did the search on Delta.com.
I suggest you try again. You can view a handy calendar view here: Delta Air Lines Map. Just click "Flights" on the top right, type in ATL-DUS/STR, and you can clearly see they operate year-round.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
This thread reminds me of two kids in the bathroom arguing who can pee the furthest
yohanson and Fly_Delta_Jets like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

EK, alone, admitted to nearly $10bn. And that is just what they admitted to. Even if one doesn’t believe the US3’s claims of more than $50bn, it is almost certainly in the tens of billions.
Source, please.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
I suggest you try again. You can view a handy calendar view here: Delta Air Lines Map. Just click "Flights" on the top right, type in ATL-DUS/STR, and you can clearly see they operate year-round.
Those flights certainly didn't operate on Dec 23 when I checked the flight stats and they didn't operate today either. You can look for yourself instead of arguing with me.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

You have a source or link to that admission? Just morbid curiosity as an FYI.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Those flights certainly didn't operate on Dec 23 when I checked the flight stats and they didn't operate today either. You can look for yourself instead of arguing with me.
Don't many flights have reduced frequency around the holidays due to lower demand? I wouldn't use lack of service over Christmas week as an indicator of seasonal vs year round as those terms are commonly understood in regards to airline flights.
jinglish likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA

This article is from a biased non-objective group that does not even provide any objective facts and figures about how exactly the JVs have resulted in overall consumer harm. It is no different than what some of you have been accusing Delta and the Partnership for Open Skies of doing on the opposite side. I am asking for a before and after comparison of measurable quantifiable stuff like average fares, number of flights/seats, etc. Everything else is anecdotal and subjective.

Notice that the only new service that Delta has started is to AMS and CDG.
Fact check:
New nonstop TATL routes by Delta that did not touch AMS or CDG:

Summer 2017
JFK-TXL
JFK-LIS
JFK-GLA
PDX-LHR
BOS-DUB

Summer 2018
JFK-LOS
JFK-PDL

Summer 2019
BOS-LIS
BOS-EDI
JFK-TLV - additional service (2nd daily nonstop)

Oh and STR and DUS are definitely not served year round. They were not operating when I ran the flight status search.
As has been pointed out to you, ATL-STR and ATL-DUS most definitely are year-round services. And yes, they both even operated on Dec 23, a date you claimed saw no nonstop service. DL116 ATL-STR on 12/23 was operated by a 764 ship 1801 (N825MH) while DL90 ATL-DUS was operated by another 764 ship 1821 (N845MH). This being Christmas, both flights are not operating on 12/24 and 12/25 out of ATL. But they both resume on 12/26.
jinglish likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Delta will always be hypocritical while they ignore the dirty doings of Saudia & continue to do business with them, simple as that.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
The debate goes on, but just remember any JV... especially across the Atlantic.... is basically legal price fixing.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
This article is from a biased non-objective group that does not even provide any objective facts and figures about how exactly the JVs have resulted in overall consumer harm. It is no different than what some of you have been accusing Delta and the Partnership for Open Skies of doing on the opposite side. I am asking for a before and after comparison of measurable quantifiable stuff like average fares, number of flights/seats, etc. Everything else is anecdotal and subjective.

Fact check:
New nonstop TATL routes by Delta that did not touch AMS or CDG:

Summer 2017
JFK-TXL
JFK-LIS
JFK-GLA
PDX-LHR
BOS-DUB

Summer 2018
JFK-LOS
JFK-PDL

Summer 2019
BOS-LIS
BOS-EDI
JFK-TLV - additional service (2nd daily nonstop)

As has been pointed out to you, ATL-STR and ATL-DUS most definitely are year-round services. And yes, they both even operated on Dec 23, a date you claimed saw no nonstop service. DL116 ATL-STR on 12/23 was operated by a 764 ship 1801 (N825MH) while DL90 ATL-DUS was operated by another 764 ship 1821 (N845MH). This being Christmas, both flights are not operating on 12/24 and 12/25 out of ATL. But they both resume on 12/26.
Well then why didn't they show up on Delta's iPhone app?

And please tell us, why is it good for the consumer to have flights consolidated? Delta, Air France, and KLM used to all have to compete on price. No more though, they are now allowed to participate in price fixing. The consumer gets screwed.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:08 pm

Well then why didn't they show up on Delta's iPhone app

It was most likely the days you selected. Neither flight normally operates on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. It’s there the rest of the week. Both routes are there year-round, just not daily - no different from some domestic routes that aren’t operated daily but only on certain days of the week. In the case of STR/DUS, it’s there 5 out of 7 days most of the year.

Last edited by DF136BRC; Dec 25, 2018 at 7:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.