Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CDG 2C AF Arrivals Lounge - Avail for D1/PM?

Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

I'll be arriving into CDG on 2/13/18 on Delta 82. Am a PM in D1. Is the Air France arrivals lounge (Salon) still in 2C? Will I be able to access this lounge? I've never been, where exactly is it? The CDG map does not show it

I am arriving around 6am with a 8:30am TGV. If I clear immigration quickly, I'll have an hour to kill and the TGV station is always freezing cold on a February morning. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounge is still there, I was there a month ago. It's at the far end of 2C on the upper level, before the connector to 2A, on the left. It can be quite a walk from 2E, but that'll get the blood flowing. Hopefully you won't have a lot of bags to schlep.
You will have access based on your DL flight in business class, you can just show them your boarding pass. (Status does not get you in, but Y/PE passengers can pay).
pfreet likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
The lounge is still there, I was there a month ago. It's at the far end of 2C on the upper level, before the connector to 2A, on the left. It can be quite a walk from 2E, but that'll get the blood flowing. Hopefully you won't have a lot of bags to schlep.
You will have access based on your DL flight in business class, you can just show them your boarding pass. (Status does not get you in, but Y/PE passengers can pay).
Merci beaucoup.

Seems an odd place for an AF arrivals lounge, they don't fly out of that terminal any more. Bags? Who takes bags anymore, just my trusty eBags weekender backpack with the necessities.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Definitely a strange place for the business arrivals lounge but on the bright side it’s on your way to the tgv.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM PM
It's small and poky and frequently SRO. Never tried the shower there.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:52 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by pfreet
Bags? Who takes bags anymore, just my trusty eBags weekender backpack with the necessities.
that's... a bag?
bubbashow likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Definitely a strange place for the business arrivals lounge but on the bright side it’s on your way to the tgv.
Not exactly, it's a whole terminal past the train station. I guess they couldn't find the space nearer to 2E to move the lounge. Plus, I think this keeps it relatively quiet. Most people probably don't even know about it. There were only a few other people on a late Thursday morning in November, perhaps it's normally busier after the earlier arrivals.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:48 pm

I'm flying AA to CGD and my family is arriving two hours later on AF. Can I pay to use this arrivals lounge? Is it anywhere near where they would be arriving on AF from ATL?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:09 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Any suggestions for a lounge during a 4 hour connection (arriving in J) from LAX-CDG-MAD?? Is there a way to get into the new 2E L lounge?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by drap360
I'm flying AA to CGD and my family is arriving two hours later on AF. Can I pay to use this arrivals lounge? Is it anywhere near where they would be arriving on AF from ATL?
I Googled their web page, which says:

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...ions-salon.htm

PARIS – CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT – TERMINAL 2C

The price of the Lounge Option upon arrival is €35 or €50* depending on the time of entry, subject to availability.

* The price is €50 between 5:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and €35 after 10:00 AM.
IIRC it's quite a walk from where US flights arrive, so all in all probably not your best option.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
I Googled their web page, which says:

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...ions-salon.htm

IIRC it's quite a walk from where US flights arrive, so all in all probably not your best option.
While there are no detailed rules, it wouldn’t surprise me if they won’t allow paid lounge entry to a non-Skyteam passenger. But perhaps they will.
I believe AA is in 2C so the poster will be near the lounge and it’s not a bad option for the two hours to kill before the rest of he party arrives on AF, but yes, it’s a 10-15 minute walk to 2E arrivals.

Another option might be the Sheraton, which I think may offer a day room for an hour or two.
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:02 pm

thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

The sad Air France arrivals lounge at CDG

Flew JAX-CDG this week for a ski trip. Arrived Delta 82, ATL-CDG at 6am. Immigration took maybe 2 minutes, possibly less. That was a total shock, but you never know at CDG that time of day. Still had 2.5 hours to kill before my TGV to Lyon.

After walking past the TGV station and the full length of the 2C checkin section, I found the lounge, it is on the left just before the pass to 2A. This is a tiny lounge. Low ceiling, fluorescent lights, cafeteria style at best. Unless you need a shower before heading to a meeting in the city, there is zero reason to visit this lounge. They have a small unremarkable breakfast spread. Nothing like the Air France lounges at K, L and M. Since I did not need a shower, I would have been better served by going to Paul at the TGV station. Passing this on in case anyone else thinks this lounge might be worth a stopover. It's not.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pfreet
Flew JAX-CDG this week for a ski trip. Arrived Delta 82, ATL-CDG at 6am. Immigration took maybe 2 minutes, possibly less. That was a total shock, but you never know at CDG that time of day. Still had 2.5 hours to kill before my TGV to Lyon.

After walking past the TGV station and the full length of the 2C checkin section, I found the lounge, it is on the left just before the pass to 2A. This is a tiny lounge. Low ceiling, fluorescent lights, cafeteria style at best. Unless you need a shower before heading to a meeting in the city, there is zero reason to visit this lounge. They have a small unremarkable breakfast spread. Nothing like the Air France lounges at K, L and M. Since I did not need a shower, I would have been better served by going to Paul at the TGV station. Passing this on in case anyone else thinks this lounge might be worth a stopover. It's not.
second this

similar experience last month, SO arriving 2hrs after myself, cleared immigration quick, went to lounge (you don’t just accidentally end up there, it’s a significant walk, particularly with legit checked luggage)

it was full, grabbed a coffee and a pan au choclat at Paul’s and got some fresh air instead
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's small and windowless, but has pretty good showers, including the pass-through valet closet if you want your clothes to be pressed while you shower. I've liked the breakfast, including cheese and proscuito but no wine, although they do have beer. IMO it's a good option if your lounghaul flight arrives earlier that you can access your hotel room in Paris.
CarmenOM and ijgordon like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.