Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Choice Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Guess I will go and select my last-ever set of RUCs.

Hopefully I will have better luck with them this year than in 2018. I went 0/4 trying to redeem for flights between LAX and ATL. Finally gave up and cashed one of the 4 in on ATL-HSV and the other three expire today.

Also 12 drink vouchers expiring tomorrow. I have no idea how I ended up with 12 instead of the customary 4.

Sorry that it's your last set of RUC's! It seems to me that ATL flights are the hardest to confirm upgrade space to the most competition (or is that just me...)?

You get 4 for every status level you achieve, so you should have gotten 4 for Silver, 4 for Gold, and 4 for Platinum.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by MarkP24
You get 4 for every status level you achieve, so you should have gotten 4 for Silver, 4 for Gold, and 4 for Platinum.
really? I have only gotten 4 at the most. I gave away my last 2 and just received 4 again.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Eddie98
really? I have only gotten 4 at the most. I gave away my last 2 and just received 4 again.
I believe you're supposed to, although maybe it changed.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Sorry that it's your last set of RUC's! It seems to me that ATL flights are the hardest to confirm upgrade space to the most competition (or is that just me...)?

Yes, ATL flights are tough and I think there is a lot of purchased FC.

Thank you for explaining how I ended up with 12 drink certificates! ^
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I think that's only true if you are reaching each level for the first time -- you get them for each level as you go. If you requalify in a following year you only get the member packet/drink chits/JWDs (if applicable) for the highest level.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I think that's only true if you are reaching each level for the first time -- you get them for each level as you go. If you requalify in a following year you only get the member packet/drink chits/JWDs (if applicable) for the highest level.
That seems to contradict my case: I've been DM every year (with at least GM from 2MM) and I currently have 12 drink coupons in my account. I have no clue when/why they arrived.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That seems to contradict my case: I've been DM every year (with at least GM from 2MM) and I currently have 12 drink coupons in my account. I have no clue when/why they arrived.
Interesting. I have no idea then I don't think I've ever had more than 4 at a time other than the first year going "up the ladder" so to speak.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Same (although swap in FO/1MM). I never spend them, so some may be continuations from other years. But, notably, I also haven’t received the customary new ones for the 2019 program year - everything I have expires today. So almost wonder if they accidentally issued this year’s drink certificates with the wrong expiration date?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Went to select my 2019 benes, and I noticed it says they have to be chosen by Jan 31 2020? Is that true? Maybe I've missed that in the past...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
Went to select my 2019 benes, and I noticed it says they have to be chosen by Jan 31 2020? Is that true? Maybe I've missed that in the past...
Yes -- MQMs earned in 2018, determine the level of status you will have in 2019, which if that includes Choice Benefits, those must be selected by Jan 31, 2020.

If you had CBs expiring today Jan 31, 2019 those would have been 2018 CBs earned from MQM activity in 2017.
HDQDD likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by Zorak
Interesting. I have no idea then I don't think I've ever had more than 4 at a time other than the first year going "up the ladder" so to speak.
The most I've had was 6 when I made DM for the first time. 2 days ago I looked and had 4 for all of next year. I just looked now and they have disappeared. I have no ideal what happened. I always end up giving them away. Maybe because it's Feb 1 where I am right now. The system is confused lol
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Eddie98
The most I've had was 6 when I made DM for the first time. 2 days ago I looked and had 4 for all of next year. I just looked now and they have disappeared. I have no ideal what happened. I always end up giving them away. Maybe because it's Feb 1 where I am right now. The system is confused lol
That's strange because I believe they come in increments of 4, so I'm not sure how you got 6.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you had four (maybe from reaching PM), used two and then got four more (for DM), you would have six.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.