FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Flying in F redeye LAX-MCO - anything special? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1946532-flying-f-redeye-lax-mco-anything-special.html)

caseminole Dec 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Flying in F redeye LAX-MCO - anything special?

havent flown Delta in ages, should i temper my expectations?

jrl767 Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm

there’s nothing remarkable about DL domestic F: small pillow, blanket; 95+% chance of a PDB ... on my seven redeye TCONs this year, I’ve slept from a few minutes after takeoff to the “starting descent” announcement from the flight deck, so I can’t speak to when the FAs pass the snack basket

3Cforme Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm

You'll have an AVOD screen and 2Ku sat wifi (paid) to entertain you.

Often1 Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Better yet, they make a real effort not to bother you and to keep announcements to a minimum. At that hour most people are quite happy to have the lights out and the benefit of a standard domestic F seat.

KDCAflyer Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm

What's the specific equipment? Avoid the right side last row on the 739s. There's a bulkhead that limits recline, as I discovered on a recent SFO-CVG redeye.

As as others have said, DL does a good job at respecting sleeping time on redeyes. Just bring some earplugs and pop a few sleeping pills.

caseminole Dec 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 30551070)
What's the specific equipment? Avoid the right side last row on the 739s. There's a bulkhead that limits recline, as I discovered on a recent SFO-CVG redeye.

As as others have said, DL does a good job at respecting sleeping time on redeyes. Just bring some earplugs and pop a few sleeping pills.

757-300

KDCAflyer Dec 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 30551108)
757-300

Avoid row 6 then. Row 3 would be best.

NoStressHere Dec 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 30550866)
havent flown Delta in ages, should i temper my expectations?

As long as you expect what is pretty much the standard FC seat across the main carriers, domestically.

jrl767 Dec 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 30551149)
Avoid row 6 then. Row 3 would be best.

I don’t think Row 6 on the 753 has limited recline, but I’d definitely agree that mid cabin (3 or 4) is best in terms of distance (i.e., minimizing impact of noise and light) from galleys/lavs

Zorak Dec 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 30551461)

I don’t think Row 6 on the 753 has limited recline, but I’d definitely agree that mid cabin (3 or 4) is best in terms of distance (i.e., minimizing impact of noise and light) from galleys/lavs

You never did update the other thread -- did you SDC off of this or something? :p

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post27931897

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 27931897)
if OP can wait a week, I will provide a definitive answer since I have 6A for my redeye on Sun 26th

jrl767 Dec 18, 2018 9:54 pm

lol; switched to 4A at OLCI (and mea culpa for spacing on the promised report)

ap2s2k Dec 19, 2018 2:13 am

Nothing too special but I do like their IFE content

The Situation Dec 19, 2018 10:55 am

Yes, temper your expectations. I recently took this flight on same equipment. Take a seat in the middle rows. They should give you a PDB, and shortly after takeoff they will come through with a round of drinks and a pass at the snack basket. You also get a small pillow and thin blanket. Frankly, other than the PDB and pillow, the amenities are the same as in C+, and I actually sleep better in bulkhead C+ so I actually prefer an upgrade to C+ bulkhead on redeyes over F.

N830MH Dec 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 30551070)

Yes, as long if they are sleeping. Yes, they do have a sleeping pills. That'll will help. It will help you to sleep. When you are approach over east coast. FA will wake you up before landing.