Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX can i walk between T2 and T3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
LAX can i walk between T2 and T3

I wanted to access the new Sky Club in T2, but my flight is departing out of T3 (?!)

Can I walk from T2 to T3? And if not, what are my options for getting to the other terminal?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You can't walk between the terminals airside but there is a shuttle bus between the two terminals airside.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
You can't walk between the terminals airside but there is a shuttle bus between the two terminals airside.
So how much time should I allocated if I am in the Sky Club T2 and need to get to T3 for my departing gate, 20 minutes?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
As posted, to walk you would have to go through security, but there is a shuttle that you can take.

Both SCs have their own charm. The bartenders were great, poured drinks for me before I had to ask. The large room was really relaxing for longer stays.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by caseminole
So how much time should I allocated if I am in the Sky Club T2 and need to get to T3 for my departing gate, 20 minutes?
20 minutes is appropriate if you take the bus. 20 minutes is probably the worst case scenario if you just miss it and have to wait for the next one. Odds are it will take less time though.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
They have a bartender in the main T3 club, but booze in T2 is currently self serve.

The bus is accessed in T2 by going next to Gate 22 and then either taking an elevator or the stairs to the ground level. I think the bus at T3 is accessed by following signs in the middle of the concourse (which is somewhat in the shape of the number 8) to ground level. Bus ride is 3-5 minutes tops, plus a wait time of 5-7 minutes tops, so at worst case you should be able to go from gate level to gate level in 15 minutes.

You can also take a bus to the Tom Bradley International Terminal, but there are no lounges to access if a DL domestic passenger (I tried the Korean Air lounge but was politely asked to turn around).

I was on a flight that went MX at LAX a few months ago, and ended up with an 8 hour layover. I decided to go on a self-directed tour of LAX, which involved taking the shuttle to the TBIT, wandering through the main building there, then following the walkway to AA's T4, then the tunnel to T5, once the home of Western and Delta, now largely taken over by AA (the Admiral's Club has replaced the SkyClub, once known as the Crown Room), then the tunnel to T6, the home of AS and a couple of gates that once belonged to US which AA now operates; then I left the airport and caught the Westin shuttle bus to go eat at the Daily Grill (which also operates a restaurant at 18th and M NW in downtown DC). Daily Grill is always a dependable standby for great food.
flamingocrazyfl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ND76
They have a bartender in the main T3 club, but booze in T2 is currently self serve.

The bus is accessed in T2 by going next to Gate 22 and then either taking an elevator or the stairs to the ground level. I think the bus at T3 is accessed by following signs in the middle of the concourse (which is somewhat in the shape of the number 8) to ground level. Bus ride is 3-5 minutes tops, plus a wait time of 5-7 minutes tops, so at worst case you should be able to go from gate level to gate level in 15 minutes.

You can also take a bus to the Tom Bradley International Terminal, but there are no lounges to access if a DL domestic passenger (I tried the Korean Air lounge but was politely asked to turn around).

I was on a flight that went MX at LAX a few months ago, and ended up with an 8 hour layover. I decided to go on a self-directed tour of LAX, which involved taking the shuttle to the TBIT, wandering through the main building there, then following the walkway to AA's T4, then the tunnel to T5, once the home of Western and Delta, now largely taken over by AA (the Admiral's Club has replaced the SkyClub, once known as the Crown Room), then the tunnel to T6, the home of AS and a couple of gates that once belonged to US which AA now operates; then I left the airport and caught the Westin shuttle bus to go eat at the Daily Grill (which also operates a restaurant at 18th and M NW in downtown DC). Daily Grill is always a dependable standby for great food.
awesome thx!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Situation
20 minutes is appropriate if you take the bus. 20 minutes is probably the worst case scenario if you just miss it and have to wait for the next one. Odds are it will take less time though.
good deal! thank yoU!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just my two cents: i much prefer the T2 Club. its bigger, has better food choices, self serve bar, amazing staff, and decent plane spotting out of the north window. There are two clubs in T3. One is the size of a walk in closet. The other is not much bigger, but has a great staff as well. My flights usually depart out of 3, so I go to 2 and then take the bus to 3.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Just my two cents: i much prefer the T2 Club. its bigger, has better food choices, self serve bar, amazing staff, and decent plane spotting out of the north window. There are two clubs in T3. One is the size of a walk in closet. The other is not much bigger, but has a great staff as well. My flights usually depart out of 3, so I go to 2 and then take the bus to 3.
and i thought for some reason the T2 club is brand new vs old in T3?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wimsta
As posted, to walk you would have to go through security, but there is a shuttle that you can take.

Both SCs have their own charm. The bartenders were great, poured drinks for me before I had to ask. The large room was really relaxing for longer stays.
Can't think of anything charming about the T3 SCs -- they have to be the worst currently in the system.

Only reason to get to T3 early is if you want Shake Shack -- otherwise stay in the T2 SC for as long as possible (found this out the hard way coming back from SYD earlier this year)
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Can't think of anything charming about the T3 SCs -- they have to be the worst currently in the system.

Only reason to get to T3 early is if you want Shake Shack -- otherwise stay in the T2 SC for as long as possible (found this out the hard way coming back from SYD earlier this year)
I'm in F, and boarding at 9PM for a 9:45 PM departure

Figured I would leave T2 SC and head over around 8:45?
Duke787 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by caseminole
I'm in F, and boarding at 9PM for a 9:45 PM departure

Figured I would leave T2 SC and head over around 8:45?
that is perfect timing
Duke787 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:05 pm

Bear in mind that gate assignments between T2 and T3 seem to still have a bit of random-number-generator aspect to them, it's not uncommon for the app to show me a T2 arrival on takeoff that turns into a T3 arrival on landing, and vice-versa. Or to show a T2 gate the evening before and a T3 gate closer to departure.

So unless your flight is tonight you might not end up out of T3 after all. And even then . . .
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Night Flyer
Bear in mind that gate assignments between T2 and T3 seem to still have a bit of random-number-generator aspect to them, it's not uncommon for the app to show me a T2 arrival on takeoff that turns into a T3 arrival on landing, and vice-versa. Or to show a T2 gate the evening before and a T3 gate closer to departure.

So unless your flight is tonight you might not end up out of T3 after all. And even then . . .
thx much.

Still showing T3 departure, but you are correct, the gate has already changed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.