Community
Wiki Posts
Search

downward revision on MQM, MQD and MQS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

downward revision on MQM, MQD and MQS

Got hit today with a negative revision to my SkyMiles stats. lost ~7k MQM, $700 MQD and 2 MQS from what it showed through last week. Is there an easy way to track down what caused the downward revision?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by bubbalouie
Got hit today with a negative revision to my SkyMiles stats. lost ~7k MQM, $700 MQD and 2 MQS from what it showed through last week. Is there an easy way to track down what caused the downward revision?
There's been posts on that here recently (search).

Some previous flights credited have been "re-queued" and are no longer showing the credit. Check your past flights to find where DL went back in time and tampered with your account statement and balance.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
There's been posts on that here recently (search).

Some previous flights credited have been "re-queued" and are no longer showing the credit. Check your past flights to find where DL went back in time and tampered with your account statement and balance.
thank you, that's exactly what it was, a paid flight from Aug 10th got re-queued......
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I wonder if this is happening only with accounts that are barely making it to a given Medallion level, of if it’s just random?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I wonder if this is happening only with accounts that are barely making it to a given Medallion level, of if it’s just random?
Sure seems to be a last-ditch effort at the end of the year to make sure that everyone who gets their status really qualifies for it.

I am well over MQM &c. for Diamond and no such funny business going on. I think it's quite possible, and likely in fact, that this is focused on those just barely qualifying for status (now that it's worth much nowadays anyway...other than Choice Benefits and Co-Terminal (DM only), and the award no fee redeposit, really little else there of value).
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
There definitely seems to be a move by the Delta Revenue "snoops" and perhaps the Medallion membership folks this month to flag or sample skymiles accounts for accuracy. Unless you've had a number of schedule or fare code changes and unusual activity i wouldn't expect too many changes or re-queuing for most folks. But Just in case, im doing screen shots of my accounts and printing out copies in case I do see a difference in the next few weeks for comparison.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:37 pm

This happened to me today with a flight from back in November. Called the PM desk and the MQMs/points came back to my account a few hours after the call.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If (re)qualifying is going to be close, doesn't everyone "audit"n their own accounts as NYE approaches just to make sure that everything is in order, unless one has been doing this throughout then year and noting how many MQM/MQD/MQS or alternatively nights. stays, and base points should have been earned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.