Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL to Europe using SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
While it still involves the "madhouse" of LAX, one could avoid the 737s/757s by doing HNL-LAX-LHR on DL/VS with the daytime 767 on HNL-LAX, connecting to a VS 787 flight. Of course LHR has limited SkyTeam options to points beyond in Europe but point is there are ways to get to Europe while avoiding the long ground layovers in ATL/SLC/MSP and while also avoiding the 737s/757s.
Yes, there is the one HNL-LAX 767. It arrives at LAX quite late though, so most connections by then are gone, but some work as you rightly point out.

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
This may also be a case where one could look to fly eastward both directions by flying via the US when going TO Europe and possibly also eastward via Asia when returning from Europe to Hawaii.
..yes, or vice versa. If flying J I would go west (longer flight times, more time to sleep). If flying Y I would go east, for shorter flight times.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is not going, say, ICN-HAN(orSGN)-CDG or such though, which is what I was writing about. Used to work, now no more as of some two years ago (at least as far as I can see).
Point was N Asia to EU via S Asia no longer appears to work
Aha, that I would totally buy. I thought you were saying there is never award inventory on the HNL-ICN segment, not that there was a block on connecting itineraries C1-C2 via C3 (which is totally plausible).
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by BenA
Aha, that I would totally buy. I thought you were saying there is never award inventory on the HNL-ICN segment, not that there was a block on connecting itineraries C1-C2 via C3 (which is totally plausible).
HNL-ICN was blocked a few years ago (both daily KE flights, well now I think it's one and the other one is Jin Air). Only HNL-NRT-ICN on the KE HNL-NRT-ICN flight is now available (or DL to KE connections at NRT, KIX, NGO or FUK, or CI via TPE, or MU via PVG - but no more direct).

Not that it was never available, just not in recent history.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.