Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

7 Hours in ATL on the 30th. Which Sky Club

Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

Heading to SDQ on the 30th I have a 7-hour layover in ATL anyone passing through want to do lunch in the skyclub? I don't have a membership so I can't get you in will be using my AMEX card but figured I'd ask. I'll be there around 11 until 7pm.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
leave the airport, take marta downtown, go see world of coke or something, don't spend 7 hours in the airport ffs
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
If it is nice day, SkyDeck on F concourse.
DiverDave and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Heading to SDQ on the 30th I have a 7-hour layover in ATL anyone passing through want to do lunch in the skyclub? I don't have a membership so I can't get you in will be using my AMEX card but figured I'd ask. I'll be there around 11 until 7pm.
I'll second the "leave the airport" suggestion. Sorry I can't offer to come and get you myself, though I may feel like I have free time after Christmas...

Marta is an easy way into town, or Uber, and there are many fantastic choices.

Mary Mac's Tea Room is where I take all my guests for an experience of comfort food and hospitality.

There are tours and other fun things to do. You could see Martin Luther King Jr's birth home, all sorts of good stuff.

If you really aren't going to leave the airport I would actually recommend buying a UA lounge pass off of eBay and using the United lounge in terminal T. (Not a full bar.) Has a great view of the plans approaching and as the sunset starts and the lights come on you can get a really magical twinkle (when the weather is good). The food isn't great, but I do look forward to the Wedding Soup days...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

I figured since it's a sunday places might be closed, but I'll investigate.

Rather take a tour of the city then people watch
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Unfortunately the Porsche Experience center is closed on Sunday.

But definitely leave the airport and go do something other than lounge in the skyclub. Life is to short to waste time like that.
HWGeeks likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta
Take UBER to Ponce City Market. Have a bite, walk around, and if it’s nice outside then walk on the Beltline, which you can access from the 2nd floor of PCM.
HWGeeks and Beltway2A like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Echo the heading into the city -- but after that best two SCs in ATL are F and B (IMO).

F isn't as crowded as B (because it's a hike and the international traffic is more concentrated with long gaps between the TPAC and TATL banks) and it's easy to grab a shower if wanted. B is nice but can get really busy despite it's size.

I've been in all the other ATL SCs but none of them are particularly interesting -- though when it gets close to departure whatever is closest to your gate will be fine.

FYI if you don't have an AMEX Plat and are doing a day pass it should be $29 and you should have no problem visiting any and all SCs with the day pass. Earlier this year on our way back from a TATL, I bought a day pass for my wife (in addition to my free access with the AMEX Plat) and they printed something out and stamped it to indicate that it was usable for the entire day at any of the ATL SCs.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

I'd be using the Delta Amex Gold 29 dollar pass.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If you haven't been there yet, Delta Museum.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I figured since it's a sunday
MARTA runs less frequently and often does trackwork on Sundays, so you may want to use Uber or a Taxi.... especially for your return trip since the train doesn't have a station at the international terminal.

Ponce City Market is overrated, imho. Mary Macs is a good place for southern comfort food, but often has long waits on weekend afternoons. I've never gone there alone, so I don't know how it would be for a solo traveler.

One of our local NPR stations has an event guide: AtlantaPlanIt You may want to check that to see if there are any special exhibits or shows that coincide with your layover.
HWGeeks likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:43 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
MARTA runs less frequently and often does trackwork on Sundays, so you may want to use Uber or a Taxi.... especially for your return trip since the train doesn't have a station at the international terminal.
As far as I know, the only airline flying ATL-SDQ is Delta, so he would be fine to return to the domestic terminal even if he picks up some new luggage while out in the city that he decides to check.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

I think i might go to ponce city market and mary macs but I have a huge fear of having a big meal before a flight.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:07 pm

I would never leave an airport, even with a 7 hour connection. Remember, shxt. happens and Delta may not be forgiving. If your admission allows multiple clubs, you could post the comparison.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

do you normally get to the airport 7 hours early?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.