Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

D1 LAX-SYD....only able to pre-order first meal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold

Got the meal pre-order email yesterday for my D1 flight tomorrow LAX-SYD. Was surprised that the only option was for the first meal (dinner) after take off. I thought this was a dinner, mid-flight meal, breakfast flight. Are there no choices for the two other meals or why isn’t one able to choose what they want for those meals?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I haven't flown this flight in a few years as I always fly VA now on this route. But in my previous experience, dinner is the only substantial meal. There is no mid-flight meal (everyone is expected to be sleeping), and the breakfast is fairly light. There are snacks mid-flight if you get hungry. Unfortunately the FA tend to encourage people to sleep and then disappear shortly after dinner service.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Got the meal pre-order email yesterday for my D1 flight tomorrow LAX-SYD. Was surprised that the only option was for the first meal (dinner) after take off. I thought this was a dinner, mid-flight meal, breakfast flight. Are there no choices for the two other meals or why isn’t one able to choose what they want for those meals?
Just flew this route in D1 this month. There is a mid flight snack (I got a choice of Italian sandwich or onion tart) and breakfast 1.5 hours before landing (eggs and sausage, granola, or panettone French toast). Snacks were available in the galley as well - I saw stuff like chocolate, chips, yogurt and cold grilled chicken sliders/mini sandwiches. I’d say it was a fairly substantial offering but one could only preselect for dinner. But don’t worry - there’s plenty to eat on this flight so you won’t starve unless you choose to not eat.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ab2013

Just flew this route in D1 this month. There is a mid flight snack (I got a choice of Italian sandwich or onion tart) and breakfast 1.5 hours before landing (eggs and sausage, granola, or panettone French toast). Snacks were available in the galley as well - I saw stuff like chocolate, chips, yogurt and cold grilled chicken sliders/mini sandwiches. I’d say it was a fairly substantial offering but one could only preselect for dinner. But don’t worry - there’s plenty to eat on this flight so you won’t starve unless you choose to not eat.
Great, thanks so much!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Almost no one takes the mid flight snack. I woke up hours after it was done and they still offered me both choices as they had both left

Be careful with any Dove chocolate...the batch on my D1 LAX-SYD was totally melted and then re-soldified, it looked disgusting upon opening (they claimed someone put the snacks above a heating element or something by accident)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
This might give you a good idea of what to expect. As others have said, it is dinner, mid-flight snack, and breakfast.

arunhn likes this.

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Dec 15, 2018 at 8:54 pm Reason: Added link
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's the same on the ICN flights: there's a substantial midflight snack, which many folks sleep through, and a breakfast, but "dinner" is the main meal and this is the one you can pre-order. There shouldn't be a problem getting your choice on the midflight snack and similarly for breakfast unless you ask to be awakened very late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.