Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Glass of dom perignon only 1750 skymiles

Old Dec 14, 18, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

I saw this ad in the e terminal skyclub. Never had a glass of dom before but it looks like a great way to spend otherwise worthless skymiles
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Even if you don't like champagne, this one where you probably have to jump on, just to say that once in your life you were able to get "2" cpm valuation out of Skymiles.
pokeable likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Been going on for at least a year. You can pay for any drink at 1 mile per $0.02
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.6MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Moderna Bivalent
Mrs. BenA and I use this as our metric for award redemptions. The Dom almost always comes out ahead.

oh, this one way JNB-LHR-SEA itinerary is only 65 glasses of Dom...

... on second thought...
Old Dec 14, 18, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
At least it's a better return than upgrading with miles...

I don't drink champagne, but don't they serve Cristal and Krug, too? Maybe only by the bottle.
Old Dec 14, 18, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Been going on for at least a year. You can pay for any drink at 1 mile per $0.02
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...le-points.html
Old Dec 14, 18, 8:33 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Of course, the glass doubles as a thimble, which means you get 864 glasses per bottle.

Old Dec 14, 18, 10:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You could also see it as one successful '20 minutes or 2500 miles' checked bags guarantee claim getting you the glass with a few miles left over.
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody View Post
I saw this ad in the e terminal skyclub.

"e terminal skyclub". Yeah, that narrows it down?
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:44 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT View Post
"e terminal skyclub". Yeah, that narrows it down?
Why not just ask which airport they were speaking of?
Old Dec 15, 18, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by daloosh View Post
At least it's a better return than upgrading with miles...

I don't drink champagne, but don't they serve Cristal and Krug, too? Maybe only by the bottle.
Yes. I don't remember what the current prices are but I did a bottle of Cristal at the Atlanta international terminal Sky Club about 6 months ago. The price in miles was a better price than paying cash. That's for sure.

I would just want to know when the bottle was opened, if you only order a glass. I wouldn't want a bottle of premium champagne that had been open for a couple hours let alone a day or so. Of course, the cynic in me would also be afraid that an open bottle might not actually be the real thing. It's not like bars haven't been caught serving inferior drinks from an open premium bottle.
daloosh, United747 and dgreen12 like this.
Old Dec 16, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
Mrs. BenA and I use this as our metric for award redemptions. The Dom almost always comes out ahead.

oh, this one way JNB-LHR-SEA itinerary is only 65 glasses of Dom...

... on second thought...
We do this too. Hey, the full bottle of Laurent Perrier ros is only 4,200 miles or sowas guilty of drinking a bottle of that during my last long connection.
Old Dec 16, 18, 12:46 pm

Make sure it's a freshly opened bottle and hasn't been sitting open in the fridge for several days.
Old Dec 16, 18, 4:00 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
You could also see it as one successful '20 minutes or 2500 miles' checked bags guarantee claim getting you the glass with a few miles left over.
I'm suddenly imagining a bunch of delayed luggage being dealt with by bringing down a bottle of Dom and some glasses from the SC.
Old Dec 16, 18, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson View Post
I'm suddenly imagining a bunch of delayed luggage being dealt with by bringing down a bottle of Dom and some glasses from the SC.
tbh Id rather have the Dom than the miles... if the baggage office came out with a free bottle Id be rather pleased.

Search this Thread