Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Fare Basis

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
What was the fare class on your ticket? Who did you book through?

Thanks
Underlying fare basis was Q, booked in I bucket. Interestingly, on the MEX-UIO segment, it printed on the boarding pass as J.

I booked through justfly.com for $20 cashback on ebates. It took about 1 week and 1 day for mine to show up.

I did two of these in February. Both were fine.
funtravel88 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Thanks.
I've got couple of JFK-MEX-SCL trips in June also booked in I with fare basis Q, booked on AM,
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Thanks.
I've got couple of JFK-MEX-SCL trips in June also booked in I with fare basis Q, booked on AM,
Layovers in MEX are rough. You can grab a free shower in the spa adjacent to the club. The restaurants and food offerings in the club aren't.... great. The recommendation from the information booth was Chili's.

If you're doing turns and you have trouble checking in because it cannot understand your return date, the DL kiosks worked for me.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by iflyalexair
Layovers in MEX are rough. You can grab a free shower in the spa adjacent to the club. The restaurants and food offerings in the club aren't.... great. The recommendation from the information booth was Chili's.
If you're doing turns and you have trouble checking in because it cannot understand your return date, the DL kiosks worked for me.
Thanks, I did a couple of these last year and worked out a routine. I get my last 3 BP's at the MEX AM Club and go to the AMEX Centurion Club to have a quick breakfast. I go to the Centurion Club for shower and breakfast on the return. A really easy trip. I'll check out the kiosks.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM
Q basis I

Just spent over a month on this. YVR to SCL rt. Booked I, Q fare basis, paid $2500cad, received AMEX bill I class of service. Did not, will not get business class credit mqds with Delta. Just a warning to others. I'm DM, MM...doesn't matter. I had some extremely nice, and able customer service ladies helping me also. It is the skymiles crediting dept! "Get something (in writing) from Aeromexico"....they told me. I booked on AM website, 25 Dec., got my AX bill 3 weeks later...all I class. Never talked to Aeromexico agent until check in at YVR.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by NomadHawaii
Just spent over a month on this. YVR to SCL rt. Booked I, Q fare basis, paid $2500cad, received AMEX bill I class of service. Did not, will not get business class credit mqds with Delta. Just a warning to others. I'm DM, MM...doesn't matter. I had some extremely nice, and able customer service ladies helping me also. It is the skymiles crediting dept! "Get something (in writing) from Aeromexico"....they told me. I booked on AM website, 25 Dec., got my AX bill 3 weeks later...all I class. Never talked to Aeromexico agent until check in at YVR.
I'm confused. Have you flown the segments yet?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
I am very curious as to what the differences are between those getting correct automated credit (like me) and those who can’t get automated credit and then manual credit fails.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:33 pm

All flown.1/24-2/14. Outbound credited correctly, initially. Got back, return would not credit. Delta said: no message from AM that I flew SCL-MEX-YVR, send boarding passes (with I and Salon Premier stamp on one). Then, they processed return. Took correctly posted outbound, deducted1000+ mqds out of my acct, credited entire itinerary to Q at 20%!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:39 pm

I looked at Delta's partner req for AM, C,D,I. Booked I. Picked business class seats. Got my receipt on AX for 4 segments, all I (faxed in), have all 4 boarding passes: I. Flew business all 4 flights... that equals Q-20%.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:57 pm

I too would like to know what causes credit vs no credit for I business that Aeromexico codes Q. Rene said some have obtained some kind of verification from AM. I'll be in LA in a couple weeks, will try to get something there. What a pain! Especially since so many have gotten the same no problem!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
If your flights post automatically, they seem to post correctly (at 150% MQMs and other advantages), unless anyone has data points to the contrary?

If they don't post automatically (which happens with shocking frequency), that's where things tend to get tricky. Delta usually asks for a receipt and boarding passes for processing such requests. A formal Aeromexico receipt shows the full fare basis which starts with Q, which seems to be where things go awry. In my experience of having bought through Orbitz (by chance and luckily), the Orbitz receipt only shows fare class such as I or D, and in my case I did get the 150% MQMs manually credited.

So I strongly recommend buying cheap AM business class fares through Orbitz if you can...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:01 pm

I went direct with AM online. Like I stated, outbound posted automatically, and correctly. It was the no message from AM to Dl that made me have to send in boarding passes(both I). Then, outbound got taken back out my skymiles and Q 20% got applied to rt itinerary! Even AmEx bill I faxed said all I class. They actually saw the correctly posted outbound and undid it! Not sure if using Orbitz etc.,would have helped. AM never sent actual passage message to DL. I recommended many times that they read what's been posted here re: Q and I!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:12 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by NomadHawaii
I went direct with AM online. Like I stated, outbound posted automatically, and correctly. It was the no message from AM to Dl that made me have to send in boarding passes(both I). Then, outbound got taken back out my skymiles and Q 20% got applied to rt itinerary! Even AmEx bill I faxed said all I class. They actually saw the correctly posted outbound and undid it! Not sure if using Orbitz etc.,would have helped. AM never sent actual passage message to DL. I recommended many times that they read what's been posted here re: Q and I!
Did you send only boarding passes? Delta usually requires both boarding passes and a receipt to manually issue missing miles for partner-issued tickets. Without the receipt I’m not sure how they would have known what the underlying fare basis (starting with Q) was since IIRC it’s not printed on the boarding pass.

Unless it was a 006 ticket which may create other issues.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff

Did you send only boarding passes? Delta usually requires both boarding passes and a receipt to manually issue missing miles for partner-issued tickets. Without the receipt I’m not sure how they would have known what the underlying fare basis (starting with Q) was since IIRC it’s not printed on the boarding pass.

Unless it was a 006 ticket which may create other issues.
FWIW, I asked for a receipt at the MEX club. It very clearly shows the fare basis as QXXXXX while the segment is booked in I class.

I understand DL's position on the fare basis as the controlling factor for credit, but in this case, you're buying what you think is an I class business fare.

I guess I'll just be happy my flights posted automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.