Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Fare Basis

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Welcome to FT.

My readers who have had issues with this mess have worked with AeroMexico to get a new receipt with "I" class and resubmit to Delta for full and correct credit.
Having same issue with trip ORD-MEX-SCL-MEX-ORD. How does one get a new receipt with "I" class from AeroMexico? The one I have now shows "CONFORT" as fare class. Ticket of another family member (SFO-MEX-SCL-MEX-ORD) is "CLASE PREMIER".
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimboG
Having same issue with trip ORD-MEX-SCL-MEX-ORD. How does one get a new receipt with "I" class from AeroMexico? The one I have now shows "CONFORT" as fare class. Ticket of another family member (SFO-MEX-SCL-MEX-ORD) is "CLASE PREMIER".
So, in a move that’s confusing as mud, Aeromexico brands nonrefundable business class tickets in I/D as “Comfort fares” and refundable business in J/C as “Premier fares”. Both Comfort and Premier fares are for Clase Premier. (Yeah, I know.)

https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/fli...lasses/comfort has all the details. You can back up a level from that page and play with a comparison chart that lays it all out in detail.

Good luck convincing “Liz Lemon” or “Candy Redd” at Delta customer service of the fine nuances of AM branded fares, though...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by tdcody
Thank you for this info - I will see if I can make any progress this way. I would appreciate any updates from any folks who receive any more info about this, and I will post back results.

As suggested by others, this problem appears to have been triggered by manual addition of the flights by a DL agent, after I was unable to get Aeromexico to update the flights from "open/unflown".

Appreciate all the info here.
Tdcody, how did it turn out? Writing from the MEX lounge now...
kthomas likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:27 pm

No luck on my end. I went back and forth with Delta by phone and email, and ultimately never received a response to my email asking about the discrepancy between fare basis code/fare class as they pertain to Delta’s terms and requesting they credit the difference.

I also had no luck at all with Aeromexico. They couldn’t even sort out whether I had flown the segments, let alone have a conversation about fare class and fare basis codes. All responses were “talk to Delta”.

I was granted the 2018 MQD waiver to reach DM while attempting to sort this out, so ultimately I just lost the MQMs and Skymiles. I guess I could have been upset that my mileage run to Quito was unnecessary, but Quito was pretty awesome.

So, buyer beware. Maybe it’s only a problem if the automatic crediting doesn’t happen and the partner flights have to get credited manually by Delta, which is what happened with me (and I think at least one other poster above).
kthomas and funtravel88 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
No luck on my end. I went back and forth with Delta by phone and email, ...

I also had no luck at all with Aeromexico. They couldn’t even sort out whether I had flown the segments, ...
That's highly disappointing, especially if the only difference is that you did not get proper credit in the first place. (And especially given someone posting credit above).

AM is about what I would suspect-- (I'm so glad DL is finalloy handlng service for for AF and KL).

What email channel were you using?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:02 pm

No luck on my end. I went back and forth with Delta by phone and email, and ultimately never received a response to my email asking about the discrepancy between fare basis code/fare class as they pertain to Delta’s terms and requesting they credit the difference.

I also had no luck at all with Aeromexico. They couldn’t even sort out whether I had flown the segments, let alone have a conversation about fare class and fare basis codes. All responses were “talk to Delta”.

I was granted the 2018 MQD waiver to reach DM while attempting to sort this out, so ultimately I just lost the MQMs and Skymiles. I guess I could have been upset that my mileage run to Quito was unnecessary, but Quito was pretty awesome.

So, buyer beware. Maybe it’s only a problem if the automatic crediting doesn’t happen and the partner flights have to get credited manually by Delta, which is what happened with me (and I think at least one other poster above).
Interesting. So you got credit on the Q fare basis code only or nothing at all?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
That's highly disappointing, especially if the only difference is that you did not get proper credit in the first place. (And especially given someone posting credit above).

AM is about what I would suspect-- (I'm so glad DL is finalloy handlng service for for AF and KL).

What email channel were you using?
My feelings exactly.

I used the regular customer care email channel and also replied to an email message from one of the Delta agents I was speaking with via the DM line.
funtravel88 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I recently booked SFO-UIO in business on Aeromexico via Expedia. When I booked, it showed a fare class of I, which made sense and earns 40% MQDs/150% MQMs. But after the VA thread I checked the fare basis I booked into and it's "QLNN0XOM". Should that worry me? Is this going to credit as Q?
I got credit for Q on the outbound and L on the return (earnings were the same for each). So I ended up being short $1,528 MQD, 7,640 MQM, and 13,752 Skymiles. Which sucks.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:22 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Sorry to hear it. I'm not sure it would help at this point if Delta has already made a "final ruling", but if you haven't already you might try contacting Aeromexico on Twitter, they tend to be more helpful in my experience and might be able to do something. (When I had a similar ticket, the AM Twitter desk gave me confirmation that my ticket was in "D" fare class, though I don't know if they are able or willing to get that information to Delta in any useful way.) The Aeromexico.com chat tool also seems to have relatively helpful agents, though the tool is weird and only intermittently works.

For anyone else reading this thread, as I posted earlier, I'd strongly recommend booking on Orbitz for any future cheap AM business class fares -- the Orbitz receipt shows only fare class and not the full fare basis, and based on my experience submitting a missed trip to Delta, they appeared to use the Orbitz fare class and gave me proper business class credit.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:36 am

My flights from last week just posted properly.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Hi,

Here is a solution that you can try. If you pull up the fare rules (TLNNKXOS)-- It actually says its an "I"

LOW/OFF-PEAK SEASON BUSINESS SELL-UP RT I
REF FARES
APPLIES FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
FOR ADULT

But the other thing you can do is have the Delta agent price the ticket with the same fare basis codes you did as you booked and in their system they will see the prime booking code (fare class) is an "I". That should be enough to give to the SkyMiles desk.

I got credit for Q on the outbound and L on the return (earnings were the same for each). So I ended up being short $1,528 MQD, 7,640 MQM, and 13,752 Skymiles. Which sucks.
tdcody likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by keneshhagard
Hi,

Here is a solution that you can try. If you pull up the fare rules (TLNNKXOS)-- It actually says its an "I"

LOW/OFF-PEAK SEASON BUSINESS SELL-UP RT I
REF FARES
APPLIES FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
FOR ADULT

But the other thing you can do is have the Delta agent price the ticket with the same fare basis codes you did as you booked and in their system they will see the prime booking code (fare class) is an "I". That should be enough to give to the SkyMiles desk.
keneshhagard,
Thank you for this advice. I will definitely try it. Much appreciated.
funtravel88 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Let us know if that worked for you.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
My flights from last week just posted properly.
What was the fare class on your ticket? Who did you book through?

Thanks

Last edited by SuperG1955; Mar 13, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
What was the fare class on your ticket? Who did you book through?

Thanks
I just flew another similar AM business fare (SFO-ATL-MEX) with a booking class of I but a fare basis starting with Q. It posted correctly quite quickly, I think because it was DL operated.

Same thing happened with my SFO-MEX-UIO ticket, which was AM operated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.