Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Experiences using RUCs/complimentary upgrades on Aeromexico Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Hi all,

Forgive me if there is already a thread about this issue, but I was hoping to hear some of you guys' experiences using RUC's and/or complimentary upgrades on Aeromexico operated flights. Specifically, if you used an RUC, did it clear immediately or were you able to get waitlisted? And if you got a complimentary upgrade, did it clear beforehand, or did you have to ask AM staff at check-in, lounge, or gate to put you on the upgrade list? And most importantly, did you book the flight via DL's website (and the flight would have a DL flight number though operated by AM) or did you book via the AM website? I've been getting incredibly mixed messages from the Plat desk about RUCs being able to be used on a booking with an AM flight number vs. a DL flight number, with a few agents saying I can't use an RUC if I book the flight via the DL app and it has a DL flight number, to others saying it doesn't matter. I figured I'd get you guys' advice before I book the ticket, seeing how the DL agents have been pretty useless and I don't want to be stuck not being able to use an RUC or be eligible for a complimentary upgrade. Thanks so much!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is covered in the T&C's section on Delta's website where it says they can only be used on DL marketed flights
"
  • Valid on Delta-marketed, Aeromexico-operated flights for use globally on Delta’s published fares booked in W, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X or V class to Aeromexico’s O class.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Free upgrades should process automatically. However it never hurts to ask with AM.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by LBJ
This is covered in the T&C's section on Delta's website where it says they can only be used on DL marketed flights
"
  • Valid on Delta-marketed, Aeromexico-operated flights for use globally on Delta’s published fares booked in W, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X or V class to Aeromexico’s O class.
In my experience they can’t even be used on DL metal.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by apodo77

For the benefit of OP who has 7 FT posts, I believe this is a sarcastic / voice-of-experience response.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
LBJ's answer covers RUCs and GUCs. This thread discusses complimentary upgrades: Aeromexico and Delta
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77

Partners generally have more upgrade space made available. However processing the upgrade is harder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.