Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-LAX via 330?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles
ATL-LAX via 330?

I am looking at flights from ATL to LAX in February and see DL 193 is scheduled on a A330, and that the A330 is the current equipment being used.

I'm interested in booking up front knowing it isn't Delta One, just looking for the lie flat experience for my travel partner and I. Can anyone shed some insight on how likely this will still be an A330 come February versus having DL change the metal?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:50 pm

I don’t know much about this specific flight but I have flown 777 with lay flats Atl-Lax. The flight was continuing onto China. Assuming this flight is doing the same thing it probably unlikely to change. They need the 330 in Lax.

flightaware shows it has been a 330 daily.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL193
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Should be safe. A330s and 777s are regular on the LAX-ATL route rotation.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Flew the 777 ATL-LAX that was going on to SYD so pretty safe that they need the 330 in LA.

Fun fact, flying in "D1" on that flight and my seat broke maybe an hour before the flight landed (cable snapped fully) so I guess whoever had that seat LAX-SYD should be happy it broke on the short flight
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Flew the 777 ATL-LAX that was going on to SYD so pretty safe that they need the 330 in LA.

Fun fact, flying in "D1" on that flight and my seat broke maybe an hour before the flight landed (cable snapped fully) so I guess whoever had that seat LAX-SYD should be happy it broke on the short flight

Wow, a 777 D1 seat broke! No way! Surely after only 10 years of wear and tear, those seats can handle another 10!

I was on that exact flight about a year ago and the remote shattered into a gazillion pieces in my hand. There was a volume button in my salad. Glad to see that they FINALLY got around to refurbing!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Perhaps Del Griffith from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles had the seat just before you did. "You broke the seat. You broke the g****** seat!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.