Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of the year roll call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by pvn
There's no getting through to him, he previously claimed it was "too complicated" to use more than one card
I live in Alabama. Wiping after going to the bathroom is too complicated, which is why I refrain.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
MQMs 53,000
MQSs 56
MQDs $7700
Card Spend $25K+

I haven't flown since mid August. I'm lifetime Gold due to 2MM. I thought I would miss flying and the perks, but I don't. I just can't imagine flying every week again!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors, Marriott
I think I'm done for the year, so here's my unofficial final tally:
MQMs 171366
MQSs 105
MQDs $17,409
Card Spend 25k+
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by pvn
I use openflights to keep most of the info, then I export to a google sheet and keep track of some other stuff (gate numbers, fare buckets, etc).

Stuff I haven't been tracking that I will start tracking in 2019:

* runways
* delays
* whether upgrades clear at the window or at gate, how many people on the upgrade list and how many clear at the gate
I keep most of that in a Google sheet directly. Added a shortcut to my phone so I can enter it quickly when I sit down. I used to have a small website with a MySQL database, but found Google Sheets just as easy since you can add JavaScript to the sheet to do all sorts of stuff.

These are the fields that I track:

Departure Date
Departure Time (these are the expected times, I didn't want to keep track of the times when I landed, seemed like too much work to keep up to date)
Arrival Time
Day Adjust (+1/-1 for red-eyes and TPACs)
Airline
Flight Number
From
To
Aircraft
Fare Class (this is what I booked)
Flown (this is what I flew: Y/SU/RU/RY/OU/OY)
First Class Count (This is the number of seats in first class. I have a sub-sheet that looks up the aircraft and drops in the number here)
Status (Cleared, Gate, Missed or N/A. N/A is used for international flights once I run out of GUCs)
List Position (Where I was on the list)
F Cleared (How many people cleared)
C+ Cleared (How many people cleared + how many were left over)
Cert Used (RUC/ GUC - I also keep track of which cert, just A,B,C,D for the 4 each year. That way I can tell how many I should have left and push back on the diamond line when they told me I used all of them).
SDC Status (On/ Off, as well as VDB, IRROP - This lets me adjust stats so that a Missed upgrade on a VDB doesn't impact my overall upgrade stats)
Duration (This is auto calculated with a UTC time stamp of arrival time - departure time and lets me add up at the end of the year how many hours I spent on a plane)
pvn likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
2019: GM

Year end tally.... rounded....
MQM 44,000
MQS 64
MQD 5,000
AMEX $25+

Look at all those MQM that won't roll over.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond , Marriott Ambassador, Alaska MVP Gold, American Airlines Gold
This is the first year I’ve ever had status on Delta, and I’ll end the year with:

2019 PM
MQM: 99k
MQS: 44
MQD: $21k

All things considered, I’m not that mad I missed DM because the rollover will benefit me more this late than the perks. I’ve already booked 50k MQMs for January and February with four other international J trips planned after that by May, so I feel confident I’ll hit Diamond in 2019.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:06 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
As a lowly FO , just made it over the MQD threshold with 20 to spare to maintain the status for next year!

2019: Silver
MQMs: 29,929
MQSs: 21
MQDs: $3,020
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoyt
I keep most of that in a Google sheet directly. Added a shortcut to my phone so I can enter it quickly when I sit down. I used to have a small website with a MySQL database, but found Google Sheets just as easy since you can add JavaScript to the sheet to do all sorts of stuff.
First Class Count (This is the number of seats in first class. I have a sub-sheet that looks up the aircraft and drops in the number here)
I'd be interested to see a template - and to see how you're pulling in seating config.

Is this record-keeping enjoyable? I think it might stress me out, but then again so did my Accounting class in college. Not my personality!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum

Gold again. I I do appreciate the same day changes and about a 30% FC upgrade rate.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I'm staring at my Lifetime balance of 1999300 today. I fly again on DEC29 which should put me over the 2mm mark. Wondering if I still get my 4 drink coupons per year as a 1 million miler and another 4 coupons for making the next status. it's about the only visible thing I expect to see for months

I gave away my last set of coupons to a couple of seniors on my last flight and made some new friends in the exchange. I guess us retired seniors flying as medallion members is different from the road warriors of today
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
I almost had to crash into the catcher at home plate..."we're sending you local this week".

Thankfully, it's over 300 miles so I can justify this:

At 73% upgrades (many 2 hour routes this year), I've been a happy camper in 2018.

bergamini likes this.

Last edited by Formulanone; Dec 23, 2018 at 8:16 am Reason: Photo attachment weirdness
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I feel like an idiot for putting all of this spend on a gold DL Amex, wont make the same mistake next year. Also a little bit bitter that 5K MQM didnt count (Cuba, Garuda). Overall though with 50-60% upgrade success and not a single segment in main cabin I'm happy with the value I got out of PM.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
How is the IAD-LHR flight in Upper Class? Seems like there is always decent award availability on the route.
Just catching up here. The outbound flight into LHR is actually quite nice:
- Perfect flight for just sleeping when arriving into London early enough and needing to get to work straight-away.
- Service has always been great
- Food and drink selections has been quite decent as well
- The downside for me has been the lie flat beds. Having to get completely out of the seat to get the back to lie flat isn't the most convenient. There's also no good in-between for napping on the flight back. The seat down sort of get into a lounging position, but it's just not the most comfortable thing.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by defrosted
2019: GM

Year end tally.... rounded....
MQM 44,000
MQS 64
MQD 5,000
AMEX $25+

Look at all those MQM that won't roll over.
Why won't 19k MQMs roll over?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
I feel like an idiot for putting all of this spend on a gold DL Amex, wont make the same mistake next year. Also a little bit bitter that 5K MQM didnt count (Cuba, Garuda). Overall though with 50-60% upgrade success and not a single segment in main cabin I'm happy with the value I got out of PM.
If you were to upgrade the card before the end of the year to a platinum DL Amex, you would get both boosts, worth 20k MQMs and 20k RDMs. Of course, you would be preventing your ability to get a sign up bonus for that card as per the AMEX once-in-a-lifetime rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.