Did I get a "preferred" seat for free?

Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Did I get a "preferred" seat for free?

For an upcoming flight departing 1/22, purchased 12/7, immediately after booking I selected seat 13E. I prefer sitting as far forward in the cabin as possible more than I care about a window or aisle, so I was quite pleased to get to choose that seat for free. Both the window and aisle seat had the grey "X" through them, as though they were selected.

Looking at the seat map just now, those seats are now open and asking for a $59.99 fee for a "preferred" seat. My seat assignment is still in place. Does this mean I now hold one of these "preferred" seats, whatever that means? Maybe I just got lucky, but I'll take the bulkhead any day if it means getting off the plane faster.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Without knowing the aircraft type, I think the reason is because only the window and aisle toward the front are supposed to be preferred. 13E seems like a middle, which is generally not going to be preferred.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Without knowing the aircraft type, I think the reason is because only the window and aisle toward the front are supposed to be preferred. 13E seems like a middle, which is generally not going to be preferred.
Sorry, it's an A320. Your answer makes sense, however. 13E is a middle, but since it's the bulkhead I thought it may still be considered "preferred". Apparently, it's just a plain ol' seat.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Row 13 is not a bulkhead, there is no separation between Main cabin and Comfort+ on Delta aircraft.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Paplover
Row 13 is not a bulkhead, there is no separation between Main cabin and Comfort+ on Delta aircraft.
BINGO!

Actually... it might be less than normal. That person has a bit more legroom and may opt to also fully recline into your space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.