Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-MCO mileage run assistance/ advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
LAX-MCO mileage run assistance/ advice

Aloha FT'rs and a special holler to the folks that travel MCO frequently..

Im taking a small mileage run from LAX this thursday (12/13) and taking the redeye to MCO. My flight is scheduled to arrive at at 0521 hrs at MCO and and my return flight is scheduled for 0635hrs back to LAX. Im not checking any bags and only taking a small backpack with overnight essentials in case of disaster.

Given that I need to be checked in for my return flight 40 minutes before my return flight, does anyone know if all Delta flights go into the same terminal at MCO and is the 35 minute cushion that i planned going to work for this run?

LAX (DL1874) - MCO
MCO (DL1691) - LAX

Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalo!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same terminal and likely the same plane back on Thursday. Just check-in for the return before you depart from LAX. You don't have to wait until you get there to check-in.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Originally Posted by LBJ
Same terminal and likely the same plane back on Thursday. Just check-in for the return before you depart from LAX. You don't have to wait until you get there to check-in.
Mahalo LBJ!

I know ill be on a tight schedule, but is the Skyclub at MCO within close distance to the gates in terminal 4?

Thanks again!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Mahalo LBJ!

I know ill be on a tight schedule, but is the Skyclub at MCO within close distance to the gates in terminal 4?

Thanks again!
I live there, but don't know what terminal 4 refers to (there is really one terminal). Regardless, both flights should be in the gates in the 70s which is what Delta generally uses. Skyclub is very close in the main atrium and you could possibly make a quick stop depending on when you actually land.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Perfect! Thank you Miraclebear2003. Was just looking at the map of MCO on the website. Much Obliged.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Perfect! Thank you Miraclebear2003. Was just looking at the map of MCO on the website. Much Obliged.
All DL flights at MCO use Airside 4 Gates 70-99. The majority of the flights use the 70s gates wing, but in the early morning, DL tends to use CUTE gates in the 80s and the 90s gates as well. If you arrive or depart from one of these gates, it shouldn’t be more than a 5 min walk to your connecting gate.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's a CUTE gate? The only time I think gates look attractive is when they're decorated for the holidays.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's a CUTE gate? The only time I think gates look attractive is when they're decorated for the holidays.
CUTE - Common Use Terminal Equipment

In Airside 4 at MCO, DL fully controls the 70-79 pier, however the rest of the gates on Airside 4 are managed by GOAA and any airline can use them. Generally in the morning or late evening, several DL flights go out of these gates.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

CUTE - Common Use Terminal Equipment

In Airside 4 at MCO, DL fully controls the 70-79 pier, however the rest of the gates on Airside 4 are managed by GOAA and any airline can use them. Generally in the morning or late evening, several DL flights go out of these gates.
"The more you know" Thank you MCO Flyer!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I recently took this and we were early and I had time to visit the SkyClub and make an originally scheduled 37 min connection.

You will be fine. Just make sure to check in for the return prior to departing - use the check in page online and enter "MCO" as the from airport to force a check in for the return
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I recently took this and we were early and I had time to visit the SkyClub and make an originally scheduled 37 min connection.

You will be fine. Just make sure to check in for the return prior to departing - use the check in page online and enter "MCO" as the from airport to force a check in for the return
Excellent! Is it possible to do that on the mobile app or should i do it on a desktop computer? I see on the mobile app that I can change my "departure home airport" in preferences section of the Profile page on the app.

Mahalo!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent! Is it possible to do that on the mobile app or should i do it on a desktop computer? I see on the mobile app that I can change my "departure home airport" in preferences section of the Profile page on the app.

Mahalo!
Don't think changing your home airport will make a difference in the app. It's trivial to do on the website as it's right on the home page. Just click the "Check-in" link at the top and enter your conf number and "MCO" as the From Airport.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:03 am

There is also a Kiosk across the hall from Gate 71 if you want to check in or prefer a paper boarding pass.
Hepsaint likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.