Wiki Posts
Search

Use GUC as demoted PM?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Use GUC as demoted PM?

I searched and couldn't find an answer on this. I won't make DM next year but will probably have a GUC left. As a PM will I be able to use this before the expiration date of the certificate in April please?

Thanks
Mark
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yes. Certs aren't dependent on status. You could be a regular member and still use GUCs (although you will have more trouble, since the agents on the normal line are even competent in their use).
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Great - I appreciate the response! Many thanks
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might also be lower on the waitlist, but there doesn't seem to be a published list of priority rules for GUC upgrades.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Didn't you have to make your GUC selection in January of this year at the latest? So wouldn't it expire before you lose Diamond status?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
if you qualified for 2018 Diamond sometime in 2017, you don't actually have to make the selection of choice benefits until January 2019.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by pvn
if you qualified for 2018 Diamond sometime in 2017, you don't actually have to make the selection of choice benefits until January 2019.
Duh, sorry, brainfart on my end.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might also be lower on the waitlist, but there doesn't seem to be a published list of priority rules for GUC upgrades.
I've provided the link numerous times. Waitlist before DoD go strictly by time of request. DoD gate cleared go by the same proproty as free medallion upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.