Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VDB-ed but Full Gate Agent Offer Not Honored - What to do now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VDB-ed but Full Gate Agent Offer Not Honored - What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:08 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jeet
Personal experience (if it counts), says DM phone support gets progressively better as your MQDs stack up.
could you elaborate here? what gets better? response time? something else?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:26 am

Response time definitely and much more willing to go out of the way to help with travel - eg. called in to do SDC and agent saw there are empty seats but for some reason blocked by RM (happened once) they just re-issued the ticket in full F fare and got me that seat. couple other times, made flight changes outside of SDC window without asking for fare difference.
And as others mentioned, proactive greetings and attention from GAs and FAs. Sadly no Porsche ride yet...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Sorry to break it to you, FSU, but, I got 2 or 3 of those cards this year and I'm probably the lowest of the low in terms of "valuable" DMs. I posted my stats in the "Roll Call" thread.....

3,000,000+ miles in the bank? When are you finally going to use those to book a one-way domestic Y award?
DiverDave and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Feel bad for the OP, DL needs to make sure this doesn’t happens again. D1 was promised by a Redcoat, their word should be gold to a pax.
Thank you. And the person who committed to D1 was actually 2 OSMs at the gate, the people the next notch up on the totem pole from the Red Coats.

Their word should be better than gold, and its messed up that they make an operational decision in the short time before closing the door on a transatlantic and some other department tries to retroactively change that after departure.

Not cool at all - not to me, and probably not to the DOT either.

Response time definitely and much more willing to go out of the way to help with travel - eg. called in to do SDC and agent saw there are empty seats but for some reason blocked by RM (happened once) they just re-issued the ticket in full F fare and got me that seat. couple other times, made flight changes outside of SDC window without asking for fare difference.
And as others mentioned, proactive greetings and attention from GAs and FAs. Sadly no Porsche ride yet...
SDC in the Premium cabin is always a mess with Delta - but in the end they have to manually reissue it. They do this for literally everyone with a confirmed premium cabin ticket.

I've also had very nice agents do SDCs outside 24 hours etc.

My point is not that you are not special - but that the treatment you are getting is just spectacular employees going above and beyond to make you feel valued, and I think many DMs encounter those types of employees every once in awhile (as long as you are nice to the agents ).

On the flip side, poor TheHorta has super high MQD spend and AMEX spend and constantly buys last minute F; he also seems to be very nice and quite jovial; yet DL keeps messing with him (which is really stupid of them).
DiverDave likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:40 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
yeah but what's your control group? I mean, how do you know your MQDs are the reason you're getting this treatment?

My MQDs are not spectacular, I'll end 2018 with around $20k and just a hair over 125k MQM, and I honestly feel I get better treatment than some of the higher rollers around here (though part of that is probably just that people complain about the dumbest stuff imaginable)
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.