Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Handclap to the ORD skyclub catering team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MM

You’ve really outdone yourself. I can’t imagine a more luxurious experience than constructing a “Chicago style” Sysco econo hot-dog among the hordes in this overcrowded club. This may be a petty rant but I just can’t belive a skyclub is serving hotdogs.

I guess you can’t thin the herd with good food.
pvn likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Wow.. kind of a cheap dig. Many of the SkyClubs have local food choices, Skyline Chili dogs in CVG, Brats in MKE, Asian inspired dishes in SFO such as Pho. It is a nice local touch and above and beyond the standard fare that is in all SkyClubs, 2 soups, chicken salad veggies and salad spread. I look forward to these types of offerings and thoroughly enjoyed my Chicago dog today at the ORD SkyClub.
hortkie, CPMaverick, HDQDD and 8 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

There are better Chicago-themed options. I also highly doubt the pan-warmed limp hot dogs are anything like an actual Chicago Street dog. I decided to avoid such an experience.

I’m happy you enjoyed yours, though. Whatever floats your boat.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Wow.. kind of a cheap dig. Many of the SkyClubs have local food choices, Skyline Chili dogs in CVG, Brats in MKE, Asian inspired dishes in SFO such as Pho. It is a nice local touch and above and beyond the standard fare that is in all SkyClubs, 2 soups, chicken salad veggies and salad spread. I look forward to these types of offerings and thoroughly enjoyed my Chicago dog today at the ORD SkyClub.
you must work for Delta in the marketing department
BamaGirl and apodo77 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:28 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments
You’ve really outdone yourself. I can’t imagine a more luxurious experience than constructing a “Chicago style” Sysco econo hot-dog among the hordes in this overcrowded club. This may be a petty rant but I just can’t belive a skyclub is serving hotdogs.

I guess you can’t thin the herd with good food.
I want to apologize that you were forced to stay in the SkyClub against your will. Despite all of the dining options throughout O'Hare you were held captive in the lounge. No human should ever have to deal with that. It's not exactly a high budget dining experience...what were you expecting?
glennhaak, HDQDD and In2ishn like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Definitely not associated with Delta. Just a frequent traveler that appreciates the local touches at certain SkyClubs. Just outside the SkyClub there is a Chicago style walkup counter with deep dish Chicago style pizzas and Chicago dogs...... given my Chicago dog was free and tasted just as good, I am a happy customer. Now, I would prefer the Skybar in ORD so I can order some better wines.....
BenA and HDQDD like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I agree with OP. The ORD club is way too small for the audience it draws.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackvogt
I want to apologize that you were forced to stay in the SkyClub against your will. Despite all of the dining options throughout O'Hare you were held captive in the lounge. No human should ever have to deal with that. It's not exactly a high budget dining experience...what were you expecting?
A product ever so slightly above high school cafeteria grade.

I’m not expecting anything amazing - but “this ain’t it”.

I had thought Delta was trying to make an effort in the sky clubs to try to compete with AA or UA. Clearly not.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
As a UA traveler as well, a hot dog is head and shoulders above the food served at a UA club.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:19 pm
bdh

Programs: DL PM, UA PM
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
As a UA traveler as well, a hot dog is head and shoulders above the food served at a UA club.
Seriously. I switched from DL to UA this year, and the pervasive soup, salad, and cheese cubes that seem to be the only thing you can find in UA clubs is getting old in a hurry...
HDQDD likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've heard the DTW club has Detroit-style Coney dogs from time-to-time. I haven't experienced them yet, but I wouldn't be offended by it. Yes, having the right style dog can make a difference.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by bdh
Seriously. I switched from DL to UA this year, and the pervasive soup, salad, and cheese cubes that seem to be the only thing you can find in UA clubs is getting old in a hurry...
This was exactly my thought when reading the first post.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
I agree - I get really tired of the same thing every time. MKE is my home club, and they seem to do a good job of changing it up quite up bit - not just brats, but kringle at breakfast, mac & cheese w/ cheddar, and other interesting stuff.

I don't mind hot dogs now and then either - haven't had at ORD but did have the Nathan's @ LGA during baseball season.

I don't expect (or get) gourmet, but it is much easier to get a 'meal' at a club today than it was a few years ago.

Flyertalk - so YMMV.

N.B. According to my spreadsheet I've been in a Skyclub right around 100 times this year which is why I get tired of the same-old-same-old.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:03 pm

It’s actually an all beef Chicago dog, and sorry if our local fare doesn’t appeal.

My only complaint about the hot dogs in the ORD clubs is the relish on offer. The type they have is not the typical Chicago style.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
It’s actually an all beef Chicago dog, and sorry if our local fare doesn’t appeal.

My only complaint about the hot dogs in the ORD clubs is the relish on offer. The type they have is not the typical Chicago style.
And of course they don't offer ketchup! What the heck!

(Yes, that was a joke. And for all I know they DO have ketchup.)
DataPlumber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.