Community
Wiki Posts
Search

767 versus 330 in business class?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
While I generally prefer the A330, the first row seats on the 767 are almost as good (and the rest are not as terrible as sometimes presented). To that end, if I could get the first row on the 767, I’d choose based upon schedule, otherwise I’d go A330 if schedules are close enough.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bulkhead seats on the 763 aren't horrible for a couple. You get bigger footwells plus the ability to easily talk to one another
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for the additional inputs, folks, Much appreciated. (FWIW, Austin787, we do have Global Entry and do only carry-ons. But thanks for that advice re ATL, regardless.)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duke787
Bulkhead seats on the 763 aren't horrible for a couple. You get bigger footwells plus the ability to easily talk to one another
Agree that the bulkeads make a big difference and makes it much more tolerable. With that said, if you are broad shouldered and over 6 feet tall, do not expect to be able to lie on your stomach/back on the 767 even at the bulkead - you have to sleep on your side. The coffin "closes in" the further up you are in the seat so there isn't enough room for your shoulders. I don't have this issue with the A330s as much.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
We have no issue flying as a couple on the A330. It's not problem to lean over a few inches and chat when we want to, but don't tend to sit and have long conversations, and frankly we don't like when others do either. For this reason, the A330 setup lends itself to a quieter cabin, which for us is a plus.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Austin787
Being an international to domestic connection, just under two hours is a bit tight especially at a busy airport like ATL - not much buffer room if your inbound is delayed. Of course, it's less of an issue if you and your wife both have global entry.
It's been about 6 months, but for me the pain in ATL is reclearing security more than immigration. My last time I just exited into the Int terminal and came back through security upstairs. Of course sometimes I do that at MSP as well.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mot29
It's been about 6 months, but for me the pain in ATL is reclearing security more than immigration. My last time I just exited into the Int terminal and came back through security upstairs. Of course sometimes I do that at MSP as well.
ATL now has PreCheck at INTL reclearance, FWIW.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zorak
atl now has precheck at intl reclearance, fwiw.
woo hoo! Finally!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
ATL now has PreCheck at INTL reclearance, FWIW.
good to know! all times?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mot29
good to know! all times?
Don't know; all I can say is that it was open when I arrived from EZE over Labor Day weekend.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ethernal
With that said, if you are broad shouldered and over 6 feet tall, do not expect to be able to lie on your stomach/back on the 767 even at the bulkead - you have to sleep on your side. The coffin "closes in" the further up you are in the seat so there isn't enough room for your shoulders. I don't have this issue with the A330s as much.
I'm not big and I also find the Vantage seat very confining around the chest and shoulders. It's not terrible for a daytime flight but I don't sleep well at all in that seat. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a lie-flat on an overnight flight.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Another emphatic vote for the 330. The seats on the 767 are difficult and, whenever possible, I book away from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.