Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When do they start serving alcohol in JFK skyclub?

Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,

We are on a 7 AM departure out of JFK to Seattle. My partner is a nervous flyer, and with the ever decreasing PDB service, The question is whether he can get a bloody Mary or two at the sky club before we head to the gate around 6:30.
Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
8am.....you'll definitely not be able to get a bloody at that time. AA clubs are the same timing.

It's actually quite funny to hang by the bar and see all the people requesting alcoholic drinks before 8am and hearing the bartenders reciting the same speech about timing.

My go to before 8am is a tomato juice with a lemon slice.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Any idea if they’re likely to serve him PDB if he pleads? We are in Delta one, 7 am departure.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Any idea if they’re likely to serve him PDB if he pleads? We are in Delta one, 7 am departure.
Buy a few minis and make your own bloody mary in the club. You can have them in your liquids bag.
Not ideal and obviously against the rules but be discreet and enjoy.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any idea if theyre likely to serve him PDB if he pleads? We are in Delta one, 7 am departure.
It is all about the liquor license. Fly out of California. State Law - 6 am to 2 am, 7 days a week.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Mileage upgrade award tic....JFK-SEA-ICN-BKK. A bit out-of-the-way to fly out of California :-)Thanks for the idea about the minis. That will work
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC back when I was flying TWA (RIP), the lounges at STL were "dry" all day on Sundays. Back then, it was a cash bar and I never purchased drinks in the lounge (versus getting free drinks on board), but I would see all the desperatew looking people asking or being shocked/disappointed to see the bar dark.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Any idea if theyre likely to serve him PDB if he pleads? We are in Delta one, 7 am departure.
What makes you think they won't serve PDB? The only reason they wouldn't would be in the event of a late arriving aircraft. And even then, if it's really D1 service there's always at least a tray of bubbly, orange juice or both.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Like another member said, sneak in a few minis. Perfectly legal thru TSA checkpoint. Keep it in your shampoo zip lock bag if you want.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
8am.....you'll definitely not be able to get a bloody at that time. AA clubs are the same timing.

It's actually quite funny to hang by the bar and see all the people requesting alcoholic drinks before 8am and hearing the bartenders reciting the same speech about timing.

My go to before 8am is a tomato juice with a lemon slice.
There would be riots if that was the case in BAs home lounges! 😀
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:45 am

We are on a 7 AM departure out of JFK to Seattle. My partner is a nervous flyer, and with the ever decreasing PDB service, The question is whether he can get a bloody Mary or two at the sky club before we head to the gate around 6:30.
Thanks
do you have priority pass? the wingtips lounge in T4 has a self-serve bar which ive used before 8am.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I second the idea of having mini's with you... after all less then 100ml
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You don't even have to go to the SC. Just chug a few in the bathroom.
ems717 and safari ari like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Must be too early for the morals police to be out here berating those who enjoy a drink before 5:00pm.

I guess I'll start... "Why won't anyone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!?!"
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I'm gonna guess there is a 99% chance of a PDB on that flight. Plan B would be the minis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.