2018 Elevate Your Status is Live

Old Dec 10, 18, 2:38 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I drew the 1000 MQMs for $999/12,500 MQMs for $1999 package. Currently a Gold, waivered on MQD requirement.

At the lower levels, the packages sort-of make sense...but once you get up into the Gold/Platinum range on pricing (particularly the $2399-3399 range), if you need the miles then I'm pretty sure you could get 12,500 MQMs shuttling around in not-full-fare-F for a few days for less...or if you need the spend, get more MQMs for your spend. I'm ignoring segments since there's a pretty good chance that if you're qualifying for DM on segments, you're doing something strange.
Old Dec 10, 18, 3:42 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
It should be readily apparent by now that these deals are not aimed at MR savvy FT types, so there's little point in comparing them to MR options. They are pretty clearly aimed at people whose time is quite valuable and have neither the knowledge or inclination to take an MR. It's ultimately about revenue maximization (somewhat like selling airline tickets) plus balancing additional costs for the higher levels in terms of benefits and mileage earning (and, yes, possibly elite ranks inflation). Most everyone here assumes they can't possibly be selling many of these offers, but I have a feeling that sales are higher than you might think.

Last edited by LBJ; Dec 10, 18 at 3:51 am
Old Dec 10, 18, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
DL could care less unless you are spending AT MINIMUM $100k plus a year on tickets pre tax. I spent $20 some odd thousand this year in pre tax fares (with lots of expensive fares) and I know DL could care less.
Well yeah, I don't mean they should personally care about me. Even though it's somewhat selfish, I don't think it's logical that someone who spends $6k pre-tax per year on a few long-hauls gets better upgrades and perks than someone like me who spends 10k pre-tax a year on last-minute overpriced short-hauls.
Old Dec 10, 18, 8:11 am
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tonyrocks922 View Post
Well yeah, I don't mean they should personally care about me. Even though it's somewhat selfish, I don't think it's logical that someone who spends $6k pre-tax per year on a few long-hauls gets better upgrades and perks than someone like me who spends 10k pre-tax a year on last-minute overpriced short-hauls.
Chances are, the customer booking those late-minute flights is a captive audience, while the one booking those long-hauls doesn't have to be loyal to DL. Hence the better benefits. DL is betting that they'll start adding on shorter flights since they've already earned status.
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan View Post
Where'd you eat? Just spent a couple of days there and am still stuffed from all that wonderful v*n good
A food truck with vegan BBQ. Voodoo donuts. Take out Thai. And a regular restaurant that had a dozen vegan options. Can't really remember!
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
Elevate Your Status 2019 is live!

https://www.delta.com/loyaltypromos/...mContentPage=Y

ELEVATE YOUR STATUS

Still hoping to reach Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion® Status for 2019? Now’s the time to elevate your Medallion Status. If you’re close to the next Medallion Tier, you can purchase a qualification bundle that can help you reach it. With Medallion Status, you’ll enjoy Medallion Benefits like Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Boarding, waived baggage fees and more.

HOW TO ELEVATE YOUR STATUS

You have the opportunity to Elevate Your Status by buying a bundle of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs – U.S. based Members only) and Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) for one SkyMiles account which will be posted to your 2018 balance and apply toward your 2019 Status. You have until February 28, 2019 to participate in Elevate Your Status.
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:31 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been "live" since December 3rd. Please do a search first...

2018 Elevate Your Status is Live
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Finally was able to login successfully to see my offers.

Currently a PM and currently a PM for 2019.
Buy up offer:
$2,399 for 1,000 MQMs
$2,799 for 2,500 MQMs
$2,999 for 5,000 MQMs
$3,199 for 7,500 MQMs
$3,299 for 10,000 MQMs
$3,399 for 12,500 MQMs

Not that I plan to buy 12,500 MQMs for $3,400 but if I bought 12,500 MQMs, my MQM tracking with remaining flights is still showing I'd be just short anyway. Instead I'll be going into 2019 with ~36K in rollover. Factor in the 15K AmEx spend MQMs next year, and I'm at least GM for 2020 without even setting foot on a DL jet in 2019 so I think I'm fine staying where I am and having an easy track to PM for 2020 and hopefully build some rollover going into 2020 (I'm expecting less travel and shorter segments over the next couple years unfortunately )
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:58 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM
For informational purposes, since I didn't see it posted, if you level up you'll get a new offer.

Once I hit GM it showed that I could buy both the SM and GM options. I don't know why anyone would want to buy both packages, but you could.
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:30 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
So that I don't have to elevate my status, 2 questions:

1. I did a BOS>SIN MR and due to a China Eastern miscalculation of my bonus miles (150% instead of 200%), I am missing approx 1,500 miles, which is preventing me from moving to PM for 2019. I've requested a points change via delta.com, but how do I track that effort? I've called the PM line 2x, and they have not been much help (they say CE says they actually overcredited me bonus miles. Grr.

2. By chance, I decided to take a last minute vacay to St John starting on the 30th (BOS>JFK>STT). 2100 MQMs. Those should post and count for calendar 2018, right???? Or is it the last date of the ITN that counts toward your yearly mileage totals? (I think it's the former, but want to confirm). CRAP...I just remembered I book this trip via points. No miles for Jen....so the China Eastern credit is now critical.

Help

Last edited by navi_jen; Dec 18, 18 at 6:54 pm
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:37 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure you are not confusing RDM with MQM? While China Eastern discount J (C/D/I/Q) earns 200% RDM, it only earns 150% MQM's. You need a full J fare to earn 200% MQM's. A full J fare would be very expensive.
Old Dec 18, 18, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Are you sure you are not confusing RDM with MQM? While China Eastern discount J (C/D/I/Q) earns 200% RDM, it only earns 150% MQM's. You need a full J fare to earn 200% MQM's. A full J fare would be very expensive.
Does it not take the fare class of the actual segment as the base value for MQM? My eticket shows J. How do I know it's CE discount J? The odd thing is the outbound segment of SIN>PVG is crediting 200%

PS..sorry for the above post, I've asked the mods to delete.

Last edited by navi_jen; Dec 18, 18 at 7:23 pm
Old Dec 18, 18, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by navi_jen View Post
Does it not take the fare class of the actual segment as the base value for MQM? My eticket shows J. How do I know it's CE discount J? The odd thing is the outbound segment of SIN>PVG is crediting 200%

PS..sorry for the above post, I've asked the mods to delete.
On your screen shot the booking class is in the ~5th column, after the flight number and before the date.

Your TPAC flights were booked in I and earn 150%. Your PVG-SIN-PVG segments were in full J and earn 200%. You can verify this by noting that on the PVG-SIN segment your total MQMs were 4718 and in the bonus MQM column it says 2359, so you earned 2359 + 2359 = 4718. Similarly for JFK-PVG you earned a total of 11,090 and it says bonus of 3697. This jibes with a base of 7394 plus a 50% bonus of 3697 = 11,090 (with rounding).

The curious part then is why your SIN-PVG doesn't show the same as PVG-SIN. milecalc says it's 2357 miles (MQM calculations don't always line up exactly with what the mapper sites say so 2359 is close enough) so 3539 for that leg seems like a mistake. Even though it *says* 100% class bonus we can see that the bonus was only 1180 which is ~50% of 2359 instead of 100%.

So I agree there seems to be a mistake here and you are owed at least 1180 MQMs. (Has the final PVG-JFK not posted yet?)
Old Dec 19, 18, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
I think it varies depending on what it gets you (e.g., PM -> DM is expensive, no status -> silver is cheap).
Silver is indeed cheap. I have no status, but now that I've moved, and in a location where I fly DL/Skyteam more frequently, I may just bite. I'm tired of boarding in Group 3 and paying bag fees,
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
On your screen shot the booking class is in the ~5th column, after the flight number and before the date.

Your TPAC flights were booked in I and earn 150%. Your PVG-SIN-PVG segments were in full J and earn 200%. You can verify this by noting that on the PVG-SIN segment your total MQMs were 4718 and in the bonus MQM column it says 2359, so you earned 2359 + 2359 = 4718. Similarly for JFK-PVG you earned a total of 11,090 and it says bonus of 3697. This jibes with a base of 7394 plus a 50% bonus of 3697 = 11,090 (with rounding).

The curious part then is why your SIN-PVG doesn't show the same as PVG-SIN. milecalc says it's 2357 miles (MQM calculations don't always line up exactly with what the mapper sites say so 2359 is close enough) so 3539 for that leg seems like a mistake. Even though it *says* 100% class bonus we can see that the bonus was only 1180 which is ~50% of 2359 instead of 100%.

So I agree there seems to be a mistake here and you are owed at least 1180 MQMs. (Has the final PVG-JFK not posted yet?)
Thank you for verifying my calculations. PVG>JFK posted correctly, didn't all fit on one screen grab. Now the question is, does Delta have a process to track progress (other than just submitting a request and calling)? To be safe, I reverted the outbound of my upcoming BOS>STT to a paid fare instead of points, just in case China Eastern continues to screw around. I don't want to miss PM by less than 1k miles.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: