Riots and CDG Travels

Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
If you make it to Strasbourg, also consider the little towns up and down the Route du Vin to Colmar. All of these towns have excellent Christmas markets.
MorganB likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm already looking carefully at my little Paris break in May. France is my favorite place in the world, but I wouldn't dream of visiting a place where there is any social unrest at all. With so many cool places to see, why take a chance? My base concern, I think, is that I might not understand what's going on quickly enough, as I would in an American city.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CGNC
Thanks everyone, this is super helpful. Yeah, we're not the type that want to hit all the tourist spots--my wife just likes to take a trip somewhere around Christmas time to get in the spirit and so we thought Paris could be a good spot to do so. Will keep an eye on things and hope we can steer clear. If not, to Strasbourg we go!
Around Christmas, it's fun to return to some of the old churches to see their (often antique and really special) decorations, including trees and manger scenes.

Originally Posted by davetravels
There are other cities in France?!?!?

Yes, Toulouse, Aix, Marseilles, Nice, other French Riviera towns, Dijon, Lyon, Caen, Auch, Bordeaux, Tours......

Is there more to Germany than just Berlin?

Originally Posted by sannmann
If you make it to Strasbourg, also consider the little towns up and down the Route du Vin to Colmar. All of these towns have excellent Christmas markets.
Some have excellent food.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jsn55
I'm already looking carefully at my little Paris break in May. France is my favorite place in the world, but I wouldn't dream of visiting a place where there is any social unrest at all. With so many cool places to see, why take a chance? My base concern, I think, is that I might not understand what's going on quickly enough, as I would in an American city.
If you start to think like that, just stay at home . Anything can happen anywhere at anytime. So just come to my beautiful home town and country and I am sure you'll have a great time
catmndu likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.