Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best SkyTeam Lounge at DeltaOne Suites Destination?

Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Only have enough miles for a saver one-way in the new Suites, and was hoping to pair that with the best lounge experience as well
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The best lounge experience with any Delta partner is, by far, the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at LHR. But LHR isnt an A350 suites destination. And you have to pay the UK APD surcharge to fly in business out of the UK. (Plus, Virgin-operated business class is terrible - worst seats on any Delta TATL partner, now that KLM has finished refitting their 330s.)

Actually, the lounges at most of the suites destinations are all pretty bad. AMS and ICN are both barely worth a visit. NRT’s sky club is fine, but not spectacular. PVG’s MU lounge is credibly passable but I wouldn’t make a special trip for it.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Do you only plan to visit the lounge at your destination or are you going to leave the airport?
SeaHawg and Adelphos like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd say NRT, but I haven't flown out of there since the last round of route cuts.

Where are you starting? Remember that a business class ticket also gives lounge access on USA domestic connections and foreign contract lounges, including before partner flights in business class.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
CDT-ATL starts using a retrofit 777 with suites until March, uses the new AF lounge
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cayohueso
CDT-ATL starts using a retrofit 777 with suites until March, uses the new AF lounge
CDT? Could you mean CDG?

What new AF lounge? Do you mean the one in T2 M? It's not very good IMO.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Not planning to just visit the lounge in the departure airport, but I've been to most of the potential international departure cities, and am pretty destination-agnostic in terms of taking this flight.

I know Virgin has clubhouses in JFK and LAX as well. Do DeltaOne pax get access to them as well?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Not planning to just visit the lounge in the departure airport, but I've been to most of the potential international departure cities, and am pretty destination-agnostic in terms of taking this flight.

I know Virgin has clubhouses in JFK and LAX as well. Do DeltaOne pax get access to them as well?
Only if you have status. Otherwise they use the SC for DL metal J passengers. (LHR they get Clubhouse access)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt

DeltaOne and VS Upperclass pax get access to the Clubhouses in the US if they are departing on a trans-Atlantic flight to the UK.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

DeltaOne and VS Upperclass pax get access to the Clubhouses in the US if they are departing on a trans-Atlantic flight to the UK.
I've been told only status passengers get access to the US Clubhouses. DL metal D1 non-status dont.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
IMO Virgin Lounge LAX truly unspectacular. Unless I missed something
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lking
IMO Virgin Lounge LAX truly unspectacular. Unless I missed something
Has sit down dining, and is normally relaxing as it's emptier than SC. It's not LHR/JFK though.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've been told only status passengers get access to the US Clubhouses. DL metal D1 non-status dont.

No, all D1 (and of course UC) pax flying nonstop from the US to London get access to the Club House, regardless of status.

Only PM/DM pax not seated in J get access, GM do not.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Incorrect.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
No, all D1 (and of course UC) pax flying nonstop from the US to London get access to the Club House, regardless of status.

Only PM/DM pax not seated in J get access, GM do not.
And PM/DM get a guest, or at least that was my experience out of JFK's UC as a Delta PM traveling with GM to LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.