Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Want airlines to treat you well? Do this

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR

A Delta story, but likely could have been any airline that one flies a lot.

“I do love flying. But that's only because when I fly, I'm treated like a human being. Airlines tend to respect their repeat customers. Their "regulars."”

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/d...run/index.html

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:10 pm

Ah, that's what the poor kettles are missing - Just fly more and you become human again!
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by vanillabean
A Delta story, but likely could have been any airline that one flies a lot.

“I do love flying. But that's only because when I fly, I'm treated like a human being. Airlines tend to respect their repeat customers. Their "regulars."”

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/d...run/index.html

Lot's of dates still open for this run year end in 1st on AeroMexcio. Shocking really. Also the CNN guy did not talk about the pile of SkyMiles he also got.

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: VS Gold
Delicious clickbait
TheHorta and In2ishn like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Go ahead and laugh at me but I learned something here....booking with partners can get you MORE spend than you actually spend. I will use this knowledge next year.

Another laugh: I enjoy mileage runs. I may be old but I can still sleep on floors and chairs
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
A refreshing view on what makes airlines and hotels happy took place here just this morning.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30487634-post2259.html

Last edited by vanillabean; Dec 1, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Go ahead and laugh at me but I learned something here....booking with partners can get you MORE spend than you actually spend. I will use this knowledge next year.

Another laugh: I enjoy mileage runs. I may be old but I can still sleep on floors and chairs

I.E. the price does not matter - just the distance and fare class. My 2016 AM biz run was a mistake fare at zero dollars (plus tax) and netted me almost $2,000 MQDs and 10k MQMs.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
We misconnected at MSP last week and had to spend the night in a hotel we paid for (actually, very nice place, the Radisson Blu at the Mall of America, $111 all in through Hotwire).

We tried to check in on the Delta App for our onward flight, but couldn't do so as our reservation was not connected to an electronic ticket. We checked in at the Sky Priority counter. The nastiest counter agent I have ever encountered in 35+ years of flying Delta "waited" on us. My wife is a 1MMer, and this person really got under my wife's skin.

So, being "regulars" didn't result in that personal touch at MSP. However, our bags were first off the belt at IAD, so things worked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.