Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong safety cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by anon2k2

I was in row 3, so I saw that all the F seats had the wrong ones, and then when I got up to exit, I saw that the first row of C+ had the wrong ones too. I don’t know about seats from there on back.

I sent a private message to DL via twitter while in flight and there were already staff on the jet bridge in Phoenix with new safety cards waiting for passengers to disembark.
Wow that is an awesome recovery. I don't think you could ask for a better outcome than that. Makes me believe though Delta believes it to be a serious deficiency.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Reminds me of a DL flight I took when I was a kid. I asked if it was a 767-300 or A 767-400 and the pilot said : Really good question.... it's a 763. Told him I thought it was the 764. He looked out the window saw the tips and said "oh actually it is a 764"
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.

I was in row 3, so I saw that all the F seats had the wrong ones, and then when I got up to exit, I saw that the first row of C+ had the wrong ones too. I don’t know about seats from there on back.

I sent a private message to DL via twitter while in flight and there were already staff on the jet bridge in Phoenix with new safety cards waiting for passengers to disembark.
Nice, that's an appropriate response from Delta. Hopefully they check the logs to try and determine where the error popped up.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Curious where they got them. It's not like PHX is a normal place where they would do service that requires unloading/loading safety cards.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Just an amusing observation. Today on my morning flight all the seat back safety cards were for a 757-200 even though we were flying a 717. Attention to detail is usually an important part of any safety protocol.
Did you actually verify that in every seat, in every row, that this was the case? I highly doubt it, so perhaps it was just in the seats in FC? No reason that all the safety cards would have been replaced at the same time unless an aircraft has a major mx check where all the seats have been removed.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by audidudi
Did you actually verify that in every seat, in every row, that this was the case? I highly doubt it, so perhaps it was just in the seats in FC? No reason that all the safety cards would have been replaced at the same time unless an aircraft has a major mx check where all the seats have been removed.
OP already posted on this.

Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Curious where they got them. It's not like PHX is a normal place where they would do service that requires unloading/loading safety cards.
My guess if they don't have them on hand? DL 5743.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by audidudi
Of course, it’s possible that minor revisions could be made to the safety cards requiring a reprovisioning outside major MX checks. The actual work would likely be done by minimum wage cleaning crews, too, so I could easily see a last minute gate swap or equipment swap causing wires to get crossed and the cards to be placed by people who don’t really understand the nuances of different aircraft types. And a 717 has fewer seats than a 757, so the cleaners could have looked at the stack of leftovers and just shrugged assuming they were handed spares.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
If I ever noticed this I would certainly tell the flight crew but likely on my out after landing. I am sure if they hear about it before takeoff e it would result in a delay until they were replaced. I have a habit of checking for a life vest before departure and occasionally find it's missing. Unless there are significant over water portions of the flight I keep my mouth shut until after takeoff.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
My seatmate surmised that the 717 wanted to be a 757 when it grew up so the safety cards were aspirational.
Or if questioned, the 717 would just say "I self identify as a 757".
Out of my Element and apodo77 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kenn0223
If I ever noticed this I would certainly tell the flight crew but likely on my out after landing. I am sure if they hear about it before takeoff e it would result in a delay until they were replaced. I have a habit of checking for a life vest before departure and occasionally find it's missing. Unless there are significant over water portions of the flight I keep my mouth shut until after takeoff.
But that perspective is selfish - after all, wouldn't that just delay the flight for the next set of passengers? Might make a difference at a hub versus an outstation. Mentioning it ATL may result in less of a delay than mentioning it at DAB.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ethernal
Not that anyone actually reads them, but if I had to guess that's an FAA violation and would possibly be subject to a fine if reported and confirmed given that the flight flew.
Originally Posted by RRDD
I haven’t noticed incorrect safety cards, but I have noticed the Exit Row door instruction decals are sometimes placed on the opposite doors, or the decals are both for the same side. Look for it on your next flight.
Please take a minute and read my post from December 2011:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1289961-faa-inspector-board-delays-flight-hour-please-read-why.html?highlight=inspectoryertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1289961-faa-inspector-board-delays-flight-hour-please-read-why.html?highlight=inspector

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
But that perspective is selfish - after all, wouldn't that just delay the flight for the next set of passengers?
But, BUT, BUT - - - - It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by gernabae
Wow that is an awesome recovery. I don't think you could ask for a better outcome than that. Makes me believe though Delta believes it to be a serious deficiency.
This sounds about right.
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Or if questioned, the 717 would just say "I self identify as a 757".
Laughed out loud and almost got tea out my nose.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:26 pm
bdb

I flew on VX from SEA to LAX in F, and as it was an older plane the person across from us managed to pull off the metal piece that holds your book/magazine whatever
It also of course holds the flight safety card, they had to get maintenance to come in and get that re-installed or we would not have been able to depart.

Holding the card wasn't an option.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:42 pm

my seatmate surmised that the 717 wanted to be a 757 when it grew up so the safety cards were aspirational.
hahahahahahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.