Wiki Posts
Search

Status Challenge Proof

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Status Challenge Proof

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to apply for a Delta Status challenge with British Airways Silver, but for some reason the proof I provided was insufficient and asked to provide further proof.
I had sent them a Screenshot of my card, and as requested the "statement", which showed that I received enough tier points to reach status in the last year and did not receive it via promotion/challenge/other means (all segments and tier points associated with it). I cannot imagine what else they would want that I can easily pull from my profile.

Could someone explain to me what type of proof from BA they may look for, ideally as an anonymized screenshot? I have not yet re-qualified for BA Silver in the current status year.

Thanks a lot!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Ask them. You've sent what is generally required.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Maybe give it more time...
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Wimsta
Maybe give it more time...

Did you read the post? They've replied back they need additional proof. This isn't waiting for them to approve what was sent.
jinglish likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you read the post? They've replied back they need additional proof. This isn't waiting for them to approve what was sent.
Second look you're absolutely correct.
I've got nothing why it was not accepted.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Since it’s the end of the year, might they want proof that the OP has requalified this year?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Since it’s the end of the year, might they want proof that the OP has requalified this year?
That would be reasonable, but BA qualification isn't based on the calendar year. I think something like the 8th of the month, where which month depends on when you joined the program and/or last qualified for status. So it's possible that the OP last qualified for BA status almost two years ago, with the current status about to expire (although IIRC BA does soft landings routinely) and has credited no flights to BA since the last time status was earned.

Can we assume that the names on the BA account and the names on the DL request match *exactly* and other details also match, such as address, phone, nationality, email, birthdate, and whatever else might be asked? Could this be a middle initial problem or some similar detail?
CarmenOM likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
After waiting nearly 3 weeks I just had my challenge rejected as well. I provided my AS 75K card and copy of statement from month prior showing how many miles flown in 2018. Maybe they wanted me 2017 statement showing how many i did?

We are unable to accept this document as proof of your airline status. We require a statement and card, and they must show that you have earned your status for the 2018 program year. We do not match complimentary or status that has been received as a result of a promotion.
I was supposed to leave on my flight that was to meet the challenge yesterday. Thankfully I cancelled before Delta could ruin the run. I was going to cancel my status challenge anyways so i guess this is actually a good thing. Now i can challenge another day if i change my mind.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
I provided my AS 75K card and copy of statement from month prior showing how many miles flown in 2018. Maybe they wanted me 2017 statement showing how many i did?
Yep--I sent them a printout of my AS flight activity from 2017.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
After sending additional documentation and spending 40 minutes on 3 occasions with customer service, they are still convinced that the information is insufficient and that they need more/something else/whatever.
I spoke to a supervisor, and even he could only tell me it is insufficient, but not what exactly is insufficient. He recommended I submit yet another challenge request and wait 2 weeks (it has taken more than 2 weeks both times I submitted).

I have now submitted:
- All flight activity done to achieve status
- My loyalty card
- Screenshot of my cockpit showing status
- Screenshot of my cockpit back from 2017 showing I also achieved status

They said it takes another 2 weeks... I will be flying Dec 26... Oh well, guess it is no longer Delta.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dawe11
After sending additional documentation and spending 40 minutes on 3 occasions with customer service, they are still convinced that the information is insufficient and that they need more/something else/whatever.
I spoke to a supervisor, and even he could only tell me it is insufficient, but not what exactly is insufficient. He recommended I submit yet another challenge request and wait 2 weeks (it has taken more than 2 weeks both times I submitted).

I have now submitted:
- All flight activity done to achieve status
- My loyalty card
- Screenshot of my cockpit showing status
- Screenshot of my cockpit back from 2017 showing I also achieved status

They said it takes another 2 weeks... I will be flying Dec 26... Oh well, guess it is no longer Delta.
Maybe they're wanting some extra shots to determine if you're "big" enough. Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.