Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Ticket Upgraded with Air France, mileage rules?

Old Nov 25, 18, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Hello all,

First time posting here. Wanted to ask a question from the experts, I recently go the opportunity to upgrade to J class for one of the segments of my ticket from DEL-CDG-JFK. I paid money since I wanted to see if I could earn MQDs. Now, I am yet to see the J class reflect in my mileage credit or MQDs. I contacted customer service and they stated it was posted accurately. But based on the partner airline earning chart, I should be getting a lot more than I received.

Anyone has any insight on this or anyone done this before? Please let me know, I would appreciate the response!
Old Nov 25, 18, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL rules say you earn according to the purchased fare class, If you buy an upgrade from DL with money, you get the additional MQMs if it's done before the day of departure and the ticket is reissued into a higher fare class. With the AF flight, I'm guessing that DL is treating this like a cheap upgrade purchased at the gate.
Old Nov 25, 18, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Ticket is in most cases not reissued by AF-KLM when you make use of their buy-up programm. In those cases you will get the miles/MQM's/MQD's from you original ticket.
Old Nov 25, 18, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Mileage upgrades always earn nothing extra. You only earn based on what you paid $ for. Even if you pay $ to upgrade it depends on when/where/how as to if it gets you bonus as if you bought a J ticket .
Old Nov 25, 18, 2:16 pm

Given that the MQD Terms say
If a Delta Comfort+, paid Premium class upgrade or Preferred Seat is purchased at the airport in Amsterdam (AMS), or Paris (CDG) for a Delta-operated flight, the Member will not earn miles or MQDs
I’m going to guess you are out of luck here. If you did an airport upgrade on Air France, you are definitely out of luck!

Search this Thread