Under-21 in Delta SC

Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
I was never turned away when I was under 21. Once an MSP SC agent told me to stay away from the beer, but I that’s about it.

Just say that you’ll promise to stay away from the booze. You’re a medallion with a club membership after all. It’s a ridiculous policy.
You have to be 21 to even enter a club with a self-serve bar. It's in the rules of the house. It may be a ridiculous policy but it's a rule you agree to when you get a club membership. The legal drinking age in the united states is 21, so there is that ridiculous policy to follow as well.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gitismatt
You have to be 21 to even enter a club with a self-serve bar. It's in the rules of the house. It may be a ridiculous policy but it's a rule you agree to when you get a club membership. The legal drinking age in the united states is 21, so there is that ridiculous policy to follow as well.

I know. I really wish there were drunk 19 year olds in the clubs.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Tried all three clubs in the A concourse, mostly for fun, was rejected in all of them. A girl next to me in one was also rejected because of her age, but told me she’s usually allowed in, so maybe I need to look more attractive?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
Just say that you’ll promise to stay away from the booze. You’re a medallion with a club membership after all. It’s a ridiculous policy.
It is the law in this state. Not drinking isn't good enough, under 21 must be accompanied by someone over 21. And actually the law is a LOT more liberal for airport clubs than in general.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When BA lost its liquor license at BOS for 30 days for permitting under-age kids access to the booze, the same people who whined about the no <21 at untended clubs whined about how unfair it was that they might have to survive for an hour without a drink.

Can't have it both ways.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Often1
When BA lost its liquor license at BOS for 30 days for permitting under-age kids access to the booze, the same people who whined about the no <21 at untended clubs whined about how unfair it was that they might have to survive for an hour without a drink.

Can't have it both ways.
You are making this up.
​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.