Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Private Jets - Cyber Monday sale - 5k for a full year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Private Jets - Cyber Monday sale - 5k for a full year

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
And now you have a pool of available people to fill the plane.
You'll have to wait till Monday
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:17 am

Ooh it also comes with one free main cabin return ticket. They are pulling out all the stops

I did a review of day of week departure stats and will post if I can find the document.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
Ooh it also comes with one free main cabin return ticket. They are pulling out all the stops

I did a review of day of week departure stats and will post if I can find the document.
Are there any restrictions as to fare class, continental US only, or the ticket must be below a certain price?

If not I would use it to buy a full Y fare.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Anyone know if they’re doing this sale again?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
This program only makes sense in certain parts of the country where there's a high concentration of private jet service, and further so...if they are DL.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Would this be tax deductible as a business expense? I commute for work between LGA, BOS, and some other cities. If I could make half my trips to those cities could I tax deduct it?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Give us a black friday sale the average joe can afford.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by estedman
Give us a black friday sale the average joe can afford.
Lol - I did this with Jet Smarter for twice the price - best damn fun of my life.

I'm arguing with my wife as we speak about whether us average joes can afford this. Her concern will be the thousands I spend positioning myself for empty leg flight heading back home, and/or flying back home from an empty leg flight.

Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Nov 26, 2019 at 9:23 am
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:31 am

argh this is from 2018 :/ - my dreams are shattered.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Lol - I did this with Jet Smarter for twice the price - best damn fun of my life.

I'm arguing with my wife as we speak about whether us average joes can afford this. Her concern will be the thousands I spend positioning myself for empty leg flight heading back home, and/or flying back home from an empty leg flight.
I did one flight with JS when they had free empty legs on holidays. Was lucky enough to have MSP-TEB come up. One of the most fun days of my life, but almost never see 'useful' empty legs from MSP, to make it worth investing in any of these programs.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I did one flight with JS when they had free empty legs on holidays. Was lucky enough to have MSP-TEB come up. One of the most fun days of my life, but almost never see 'useful' empty legs from MSP, to make it worth investing in any of these programs.
ah too bad - NYC is a different beast - on maybe 30% of my flights I was even able to catch a private jet going the other way too. It wasn't ideal - i.e. Teterboro to Bar Harbour (Main) one way; then Bangor to White Plains back, etc. but it worked. I'm super excited about this. I called DPJ and the lady sounded optimistic they would have it and told me to watch my email.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Curious about the "free main cabin return ticket", or if that was only a 2018 promotion.

Currently on the DPJ app, most of the flights appear to be 0:45 to 1:15 short hops that aren't worth the trouble.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:30 pm

It was $5k this weekend. I still didn’t bite, but the AmpliFLY feature may be useful (allows other routing options, e.g. Milwaukee to New York empty leg available, you can choose to get off at Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh).

It’s a bit harder to see route history in the new interface.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
Is there a way to see what types of planes are available for DPJ? I assumed they would always be same as fleet - mostly E175s and CRJ but it sounds like they are smaller planes? Smaller Embraers maybe?
they aren't. The only plane DPJs that is similar to DCI is the Challenger which is what the CRJ is based off of.

Other than that its Citations, Phenoms, Nextants, Learjets, Gulfstreams, and Hawkers.

They use to have it listed on the DPJs website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.