Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Google showing some Turkish Air flights as SkyTeam?

Old Nov 20, 18, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM

Google flights and Matrix seem to bringing up some TK flights as SkyTeam. Anyone know why / is there a codeshare I don't know about / a way to credit some TK flights to SkyTeam? TIA.
Old Nov 20, 18, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
I wonder if those are TK codeshares operated by Middle East Airlines (ME). ME is a SkyTeam member - so that could be the reason they are showing up. In that case you're probably better off booking them under the ME flight number and not the TK numbers. It may be possible to book them as TK - but then crediting them to DL may be difficult or impossible.
Old Nov 20, 18, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.8MM, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, HH GLD
Originally Posted by yaychemistry View Post
In that case you're probably better off booking them under the ME flight number and not the TK numbers. It may be possible to book them as TK - but then crediting them to DL may be difficult or impossible.
I'm not sure the reason but even if TK flights are booked using the ME flight numbers you will receive 0 miles on DL. It would need to be operated by a SkyTeam airline to receive any credit.
Old Nov 20, 18, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by langbr01 View Post
I'm not sure the reason but even if TK flights are booked using the ME flight numbers you will receive 0 miles on DL. It would need to be operated by a SkyTeam airline to receive any credit.
However, if they're operated by ME and marketed as ME rather than their TK codeshare flight numbers, there's no reason you can't receive credit from DL, assuming that the fare class earns miles, etc.
CPMaverick and langbr01 like this.
Old Nov 20, 18, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
Google flights and Matrix seem to bringing up some TK flights as SkyTeam.
Origin/destination? Dates?
Old Nov 20, 18, 9:07 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Search LHR-SYD on SkyTeam and you'll get QF flights in the SIN-SYD leg. Search ATL-TBS and you'll get A9 on the AMS-TBS leg. Those two legs are codeshare with KL. I've seen others with AF, CDG-GYD on J2 for instance. So I'm not surprised to see Google Flights giving you TK flights when searching SkyTeam. I know CZ codeshares with AA.

Lots of SkyTeam members codeshare outside the alliance, but to a much lessor extent than the other two alliances.
Old Nov 21, 18, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
Origin/destination? Dates?
IST to CKZ via ESB was doing it for the past few days, but does not seem to be doing it now. Perhaps was because these were codeshares operated by a third airline?
Old Nov 21, 18, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weekend Away View Post
Search LHR-SYD on SkyTeam and you'll get QF flights in the SIN-SYD leg. Search ATL-TBS and you'll get A9 on the AMS-TBS leg. Those two legs are codeshare with KL. I've seen others with AF, CDG-GYD on J2 for instance. So I'm not surprised to see Google Flights giving you TK flights when searching SkyTeam. I know CZ codeshares with AA.
Yeah sure. But we don't typically see these single legs available as SkyTeam flights. Usually, there's something going on with codeshares that causes Google to do this when we see it; occasionally, there's an arrangement that allows the flight to be booked on a SkyTeam partner; even more rarely, it will earn miles or have privileges!

Doesn't look like that here.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: