Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying MQDs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Buying MQDs

I am about $70 short of the next medallion level for the year. Is there anyway for me purchase a small amount of MQD credits other than buying a ticket and hopping on a plane?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Normally in early December, Delta will email out offers to buy 1-10K of MQMs to help you get to the next level. Typically though, the prices start around $800-$1200 (these will count towards MQDs) depending on some factors.

In almost any scenario, it'll be better for you to hop on a short mileage run than buy MQMs/MQDs.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
I am about $70 short of the next medallion level for the year. Is there anyway for me purchase a small amount of MQD credits other than buying a ticket and hopping on a plane?
I’m on the mobile site and can’t see where you’re based, but more often than not, there is a 30 minute flight from most places (in my case, HSV>ATL) where you can hop a plane, grab some dinner in town or catch a museum, and fly back again later in the day — for ~$100.

Have some fun with it.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:07 pm

If you have an upcoming flight, consider buying an upgrade on a segment, as that will count toward your MQD.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by SpartanPope
If you have an upcoming flight, consider buying an upgrade on a segment, as that will count toward your MQD.
Some percentage of the upgrade price will be considered taxes and fees, so make sure the upgrade costs about ~10% more than the amount of MQDs that you need.

I believe that the US excise tax is 7.5% for flights, but upgrading cabins may trigger higher airport fees depending where you're flying.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:09 am

Exclamation Delta Trying to Screw me out of status. What are my options

NEED URGENT HELP! Needed $MQDs to get to diamond. Figured out a flight and an upgrade on my last work trip would get me where I needed to go. The upgrades for my last work trip showed as $111 each way. The trip I needed to take was $674. Upgrading one leg of the work trip and booking the other flight would get me just over the threshold. I booked the MQD run first and then the last upgrades on the work trip immediately changed $106 and $248. The new reduced fee on the first leg just got me under but I saw that if I did an upgrade on my MQD too I would be over the threshold by $50 again. So I booked the $106 for the first leg of my work trip and the $64 for upgrade to my MQD trip. The work trip shows the upgrade as a seat upgrade vi but the MQD run upgrade shows as an eFirst upgrade. The miles just posted from my MQD run and the first upgrade didn’t post. Now I’m going to miss Diamond by $4. What are my options to get the credit for the upgrades I purchased since they didn’t post?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Lol. Not-so-subtle MOD hint.

Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:49 am

Have you called Delta and asked them to make sure everything posted correctly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.