Delta A321 rear exit row change

Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Can anyone confirm the situation surrounding 27A on the A321? Apparently, I also recently had a change-of-equipment and was moved from my comfy Exit Row Aisle to Exit Row Window (supposedly with no seat in front). Is that true 100% of the time on all Delta A321 configurations? Thanks!!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:38 pm

If you have the exit row on 321, make sure to babysit your itinerary to an extreme level. I saw the seatmap cleared out and was watching to double check we didnt lose our seats and still got screwed Companion and I had those seats, apparently we switched to the other version and wound up with much less desirable seats in the middle of the plane. We barely cleared into C+ and both got aisle seats so all is forgiven, but something to be mindful.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta GM
I will take previous poster's advice on babysitting this itinerary, but I still have a question. The DL seatmap shows no 26DEF seats, but also does not show 27DEF as exit row seats. Going strictly from the picture, I selected 27D thinking it was probably an exit row. As you can see, 27E is not shown as a preferred seat and I did not get the exit row pop-up message when I selected this seat. Obviously this is a DL issue, either not showing seats in 26DEF that should be on the seat map or not listing 27DEF as exit row seats. Any idea how likely it is that I'm in an exit row with my current seat selection?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Well it certainly looks like there is extra legroom in row 27, regardless of whether it's an emergency exit row. However there are some flying with row 26 DE, so if a swap happens, you may have two seats in front of you. The final config of all these A321s will have row 26 DE included. I have no idea why there are three versions flying around (189/191/192 seats), as you would think that the config would have been finalized well before the first one was delivered. But that's DL for you!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:58 am
formerly willbbiddy

So is the best bet top go with 27F? That way even if there is a 26DE you get the leg room?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
I will take previous poster's advice on babysitting this itinerary, but I still have a question. The DL seatmap shows no 26DEF seats, but also does not show 27DEF as exit row seats. Going strictly from the picture, I selected 27D thinking it was probably an exit row. As you can see, 27E is not shown as a preferred seat and I did not get the exit row pop-up message when I selected this seat. Obviously this is a DL issue, either not showing seats in 26DEF that should be on the seat map or not listing 27DEF as exit row seats. Any idea how likely it is that I'm in an exit row with my current seat selection?
Yes they are 100% exit rows with the config pictured. I had the same worry when the swap happened to me earlier this year but if there is no row 26DE(F), row 27DEF is the exit row and there is a ton of space (think row 9 on the old sUA PS planes if you ever flew those -- though the seat of course isn't as nice).

It's bizarre but presumably they aren't tagging it as exit row so that in the event it switches back to a version with a row 26 DE(F), they don't have to worry about refunding someone who purchased a preferred seat and instead it just becomes a bonus free exit row seat if a non-elite snags it and the config sticks.
audidudi likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by Duke787
Yes they are 100% exit rows with the config pictured. I had the same worry when the swap happened to me earlier this year but if there is no row 26DE(F), row 27DEF is the exit row and there is a ton of space (think row 9 on the old sUA PS planes if you ever flew those -- though the seat of course isn't as nice).

It's bizarre but presumably they aren't tagging it as exit row so that in the event it switches back to a version with a row 26 DE(F), they don't have to worry about refunding someone who purchased a preferred seat and instead it just becomes a bonus free exit row seat if a non-elite snags it and the config sticks.
Perfect, thanks Duke! Wasn't a huge issue, just had never seen it before.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Duke787

Have the same exact configuration pictured above coming back from LAS on the 10th and really hope it sticks and there is no swap.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
No C+ available on an upcoming A321 flight, so I snagged 26C (in the 2-seat exit row). Anyone with experience that can say if the proximity to the lav was bothersome? Decent legroom?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.