Clear in JFK T4 as of nov 19?!

Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Clear in JFK T4 as of nov 19?!

Passed through today they were setting up all the lanes and machines, the clear agent said operations by monday.
bunch of machines along sky priority and down on the other side of terminal 4 as well.
hopefully this moves things along through the holiday rush.
aroundtheworld76 and cmx like this.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Nov 17, 2018 at 10:13 am Reason: clarity
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Which airport?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL DM PM
JFK T4. As I was walking to security I saw two people in CLEAR outfits and my heart jumped. "You have CLEAR?" I asked. "Monday" they said. And I took my place in line...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
This is great news. It means delta has finally come to terms with IAT, the landlord of T4 which was opposed to clear.

The question is whether Clear agents will be walking people to the front of the security line, or have a dedicated TSA line just for Clear. It’s kind of useless if it’s just a replacement for an ID check.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
JFK T4. As I was walking to security I saw two people in CLEAR outfits and my heart jumped. "You have CLEAR?" I asked. "Monday" they said. And I took my place in line...
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
This is great news. It means delta has finally come to terms with IAT, the landlord of T4 which was opposed to clear.

The question is whether Clear agents will be walking people to the front of the security line, or have a dedicated TSA line just for Clear. It’s kind of useless if it’s just a replacement for an ID check.
by the amount of enrollment kiosk around the terminal 4 it seems like a good amount of clear staff are going to be around.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I'll still check in T2
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I am going to cry I'm so happy. This is fantastic news!!!
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
This is wonderful news!! We’ve all been waiting much too long for CLEAR at T4
cmx likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I will be flying out of t4 on Turkey day JFK to SDQ I am clear and TSA Precheck. I will report back on how it went.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Thank you Delta/T4. This is great. Now if they can keep both Clear lane and TSA Pre open past 7/8pm. Why they close TSA Pre so early when a ton of international flights leave late is beyond me. The lines get so long (especially with so many airlines like EK offering Pre now).
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat

TSA doesn't allow dedicated lanes. The lanes tunnelling to the ID check are the most that can be done. It does let you skip waiting in the line to have ID checked, which is where most of time waiting usually is.
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
This is great. Earlier this week I had a 90-minute Intl-dom connection and thought about going to T2 since I needed to take the Jitney to the higher B gates anyways. Ended up using T4 checkpoint and it was a disaster. SkyPriority has become a joke at T4.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:27 am

Long overdue.

Thanks so much for posting.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I came through T4 about 5:30 AM this morning. I normally always use T2 and the shuttle but I wanted to see how T4 Clear was set up. I was hoping that they'd have a soft opening, but they didn't.

The Clear entry and the Pre Entry are next to each other and feed the Pre TSA ID check. After that, everyone is merged and you have the cluster f.... that ensues, along with the post ID check that fills up so no one gets through.
It took me 20 - 25 minutes to get through at 5:30 AM. Then, talk about gate lice. I had placed my backpack in a bin and was waiting for the TSA guy to pull it into line. I had another bin in my hand for my spinner, which was next to me and some millennial woman tried to push me out of the way so that she could get her bag through. She didn't succeed!
I realize that it would have taken me as much time to go through T2 and shuttle but it would have been a much more pleasant experience.

The T4 Club was a disaster too. The coffee machine was being serviced, the Starbucks self serves were empty, Whatever they were trying to pass off as grits was so watery that Charles Dickens wouldn't have written about it. When I left the Club at 7:00 AM there was an entry line back to the escalator.

I'm really glad my next trip is through LGA, despite it's access problems.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Nov 18, 2018 at 4:11 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
It was much more pleasant at 8am today (11/20) . Lots of Clear personnel. Through in less than 5 minutes.
manacit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.