Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
I am not sure about that and would like to see this in writing somewhere. Skyteam Plus members (even when in Y) should continue to have access to all network lounges. Of course as STP level member (DL PM) you don't have to be a Sky Club member.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by Liz_MSP
May we assume that Sky Team Elite Plus will still have access when flying internationally on a sky team ticket?
I am not sure about that and would like to see this in writing somewhere. Skyteam Elite Plus members (even when in Y) should continue to have access to all network lounges. Of course as STEP level member (DL PM) you don't have to be a Sky Club member.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Or, if you need the MQD waiver. I have PM on $7k spend this year.
Also the companion pass, well worth the $450 Annual fee for the reserve card if you can use it on a first class ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I know that the requirement of the same day Delta / Partner boarding pass was put into place a while back. Not a fan of this, but it is what it is. In how many non hub cities is the sky club the only game in town?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by JB1000
I interpreted the communication that no single day passes will be sold whether it is the rack rate or AMEX rate.

Another change is no access to KLM Crown, Virgin Australia, or Air France lounges.
I knew the lounge access would be a thing of the past but I for some reason I didn't think it would come so soon. I agree that the KLM Crown Lounge was ridiculously overcrowded. That said, what are some lounges we can use? Would a Priority Pass membership give me decent lounge access in CDG and AMS? And what about Italy? Can we still use the Alitalia Lounges in FCO and VCE? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
*edit* - Read again single visit guest is viable for 29 dollars in the article. The email sent says 'no guest passes'. They should have rephrased that.

Also it notes 'no access to KLM or Air France'. Does that include international access via STE+? And if that is still viable when would one have access to these lounges and now you do not?

Last edited by dinanm3atl; Nov 15, 2018 at 6:57 pm Reason: Updated.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Nothing has changed in regard to STE+ / J access policy. These changes are regarding paid membership access.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However they risk losing money when have to turn someone back. I've seen T4 club at maximum legal capacity recently. They were handing out vouchers.
I'm surprised that any DL staff bothered to count in order to compare to the fire code limit.

When I was traveling frequently to Chicago, I often saw the ORD club above the limit (and, yes, I did count).
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JB1000
I interpreted the communication that no single day passes will be sold whether it is the rack rate or AMEX rate.

Another change is no access to KLM Crown, Virgin Australia, or Air France lounges.
That change was announced quite some time ago.

I am still waiting for the announcement of the construction plans for new clubs in airports where our only option up to now has been partner clubs.

I'm sure that the press release will come soon.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
While a joke, I do believe that Delta wants to a sort of exclusiveness to the clubs. Something that it loses if just anyone can popup and pay to get in.
No way. They formerly had "a sort of exclusiveness to the clubs." They tossed out that concept when the made the clubs into profit centers and intentionally went the "mass occupancy" route.

Just a recollection/opinion from someone who has been accessing DL clubs since about 1981.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does this mean that, when they reduce the crowding, they will actually put back some of the work cubicles for the business travelers? (tongue in cheek)

The last time I was thru ATL, I sat in the cubicle area in the T club, in the dark, with no access to power... because they were preparing to rip out those cubicles.

As an aside, as I was entering the cubicle area, some minion intercepted me and told me his boss (the only occupant of the area) was engaged in an important conference call and asked if I would go someplace else.

I said no. I am so unworthy, but I enjoyed doing so.

And, BTW, DL is still marketing the Sky Club by touting access to partner lounges... even those this access ends in 6 weeks. Petty.

" We are proud to offer access to over 50 Delta Sky Club locations, in addition to partner and third-party business lounges worldwide. To see if you have access to one of these locations during your next trip, you must select a Membership or ticket type. "
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And, BTW, DL is still marketing the Sky Club by touting access to partner lounges... even those this access ends in 6 weeks. Petty.

" We are proud to offer access to over 50 Delta Sky Club locations, in addition to partner and third-party business lounges worldwide. To see if you have access to one of these locations during your next trip, you must select a Membership or ticket type. "
No surprise there. THeir home page also says easily accessible power. A lot of times I can't find a spce available at DTW with an outlet. The webpage used to also advertise premium drinks back when they were using Gordon booze.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
It's amazing how they can send e-mails that both increase prices and reduce benefits in the same e-mail.

Amazing in a bad way.

Ballsy is what it is.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott and Avis
I am pleased they are doing this since the clubs are normally over crowded and lately I am seeing clubs closed since the are at capacity such as LAX Delta Sky Club (last week) and other locations this past year.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Were that many people really buying $50 one day passes? I would have thought that accounted for less than 1% of total people entering the "club"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.