Wiki Posts
Search

SLC-JFK 757-200 F product

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
SLC-JFK 757-200 F product

Didn’t have a lot of luck finding anything in search. I am Flying in F on the 752 SLC-JFK soon. This is the config with the four rows of lie flat in 2/2 layout.

DL is marketing the flight as “First”, not DeltaOne nor premium transcon. Given shorter flight duration, I expect a level of service similar to SLC-HNL on the 763 - i.e.
- Standard F blankets and pillows (not heavenly bed)
- F style meal service (not premium transcon)
- etc

is is that correct?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Yes, it will be regular domestic F service. Only the hard product differs.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

I was pleased to see upgraded bedding on this flight.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Wait are those new seat covers?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah - some kind of suede-y alcantara-y kind of thing.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WWads

I was wondering the same thing. IIRC, these were some of the last cabins to still have "Business Elite" branded leather. I wonder if they decided to test a new material?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I was wondering the same thing. IIRC, these were some of the last cabins to still have "Business Elite" branded leather. I wonder if they decided to test a new material?
It looks nice. Maybe a compromise between cloth and the "leather". Maybe leather is a bit more "sanitary" so to speak, but cloth is just so much more comfortable.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Hopefully the seat comfort was still the same? I always liked these.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
I think it can be hit or miss on that route, I've taken it on the lie-flat product several times over the past few years, and also had the same 752 swapped out on some Florida-JFK flights, and the bedding often depends on simple luck of the draw...the meal, however, has been the standard distance-based domestic F meal...not the Transcon.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've found since at least once daily SEA/JFK went D1, any other flat bed aircraft get the Westin bedding. I think they don't want to screw up and miscater the D1 flight by accident with regular.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pauly_long
Didn’t have a lot of luck finding anything in search. I am Flying in F on the 752 SLC-JFK soon. This is the config with the four rows of lie flat in 2/2 layout.

DL is marketing the flight as “First”, not DeltaOne nor premium transcon. Given shorter flight duration, I expect a level of service similar to SLC-HNL on the 763 - i.e.
- Standard F blankets and pillows (not heavenly bed)
- F style meal service (not premium transcon)
- etc

is is that correct?
I fly this route at least once a month and sometimes more and you tend to see a lot of the same FA's on the route (not sure why as I don't see this with many other flights out of slc). Its typically a 737 or airbus a320 and the seat pitch is standard domestic first. I always get bulkhead since I'm taller and need the extra legroom. Bottom line, be prepared to be disappointed.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Hopefully the seat comfort was still the same? I always liked these.
This is my first time on this config, but I’d say seat comfort about the same as 763 lie flat seats.

I would definitely fly this again.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
...the meal, however, has been the standard distance-based domestic F meal...not the Transcon.
Yup. Standard F style food. I had some sort of egg-y quiche-y thing. Mrs. pauly_long had an oatmeal and fruit dish. Both better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but neither was anything special.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sdadept
I fly this route at least once a month and sometimes more and you tend to see a lot of the same FA's on the route (not sure why as I don't see this with many other flights out of slc). Its typically a 737 or airbus a320 and the seat pitch is standard domestic first.
You and pauly_long might use the ITA Matrix aircraft type filter shown in post #1211 here:

DL 747 fleet operation

Give that zero Delta 738s or A320s have lie-flat seats you shouldn't expect anything different from Domestic F seating.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pauly_long
This is my first time on this config, but I’d say seat comfort about the same as 763 lie flat seats.

I would definitely fly this again.
Hmm, I think the group consensus would put 75S above 763 in terms of comfort (ie discounting the lack of all aisle access) actually. So I hope this isn't a (relative) change for the worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.