Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Great J to Europe award tix sale right now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great J to Europe award tix sale right now

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Agreed. It also works from a lot more cities and just connects to an available transatlantic - as randomly as SAV and SAN both work for 98K roundtrip. Sweet. This is usually not the case as the domestic segment usually reprices the transatlantic leg to insane levels.

I would not delay. Book the AMS one now. It will be gone by the time Mrs decides.

Anyone find anything into CPH, TLV, or ATH at all?
I was also thinking we'd have to position to a hub, but nope. Was pleasantly surprised it worked from MKE.

I don't think CPH will work, doesn't it have to be DL metal? But couldn't you just position to (wherever) in Europe and take a short hop to CPH?

Cheapest I see on the flexible dates/5 weeks is 135k to ATH (April 8 and 9).

Don't see anything good for TLV. Looks like only western Europe. And Germany. (Depends on the definition I guess).

(FYI was checking from MKE, not sure where you wanna start)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Just checked again and looks like a lot less availability than just a few hours ago. I noticed the sale from a targeted Facebook add earlier today and then went and booked right away. I wonder how many others did the same.
Shocked I tell ya, shocked.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TommyD2
I was also thinking we'd have to position to a hub, but nope. Was pleasantly surprised it worked from MKE.

I don't think CPH will work, doesn't it have to be DL metal? But couldn't you just position to (wherever) in Europe and take a short hop to CPH?

Delta flies JFK-CPH seasonally but it barely makes it into the tail end of the dates for this sale.

Thank you for the info on ATH and TLV.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
??? It's cheaper than both US carriers at their lowest. I haven't seen any UA to Europe in Polaris on saver - and Polaris is 8 across, suites are 4 across.

And AA's lowest is 57.5K. 49K each way beats both - especially if you select the right equipment.
OT: Only 77W and retrofit 763 and 772 birds in 1-2-1 configurations are considered Polaris. All others are Polaris in soft products only.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

)
yes, I booked from SFO for 98K.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Of course. My account is still locked for my "security issue", so I can't even verify that the miles have been replaced so that I could use them for a trip next Spring. Grrrrrr,
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:16 pm

Got 2 to CDG this morning. Couldn't quite get the dates close enough for Monaco Grand Prix, but perhaps that's a blessing in disguise (we overlap with Cannes Film Festival though).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM

Don't see anything good for TLV. Looks like only western Europe. And Germany. (Depends on the definition I guess).

(FYI was checking from MKE, not sure where you wanna start)
I tried from MKE too but couldn’t find anything. To where did you get a ticket?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Was able to book 2, multi city awards for mid-March travel, SHV-CDG/AMS-SHV, with the A350 on our return, for 98,000 each!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:10 pm

In April

SEA - DTW - FCO in J
CDG - SEA in Y (with free upgrade to C+)

62K total.

Good deal!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:10 pm

Corrected below.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by slykens
I wouldn't call it great, per se, but good enough to entice me to finally book award J with DL for the first time in six years.

Most other programs still beat the pants off SM for premium redemption - and this offer at 98k still doesn't meet those programs' regular offerings.
Such as?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Got 2 RT MCO-AMS in late March. What a terrific deal. Got the nonstop on the way there and Suites on the way back via DTW.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
This is a very good deal compared to other redemption I've made. I already booked one ticket and may book another one.
Dates are not perfect, but I will take it.

Keep in mind, I normally book 70k OW to Europe. Assuming you are one that already is willing to spend that, 98k for RT is great.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Two Delta One SAN-AMS at 98k miles rt each

Booked SAN-MSP-AMS-BOS-MSP-SAN for wife and me for 98k miles + $41 each in late May.
Pretty happy for the price, despite the routing and flying an A330 in both directions over water.
There are more options in early May, including Madrid, but we could not go then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.