Wiki Posts
Search

New Booking Interface

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
New Booking Interface

I just went to Delta.com to book a ticket. Rather than displaying all the price options across the board in columns, it made me select each category individually to see the “starting at” prices (Basic, Main, Comfort + or First). To say I do not like the new style would be an understatement. I haven’t needed to book a ticket for a week or so. When did they make the change?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What browser are you using? In Chrome it doesn't look any different for me.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Seems like this is not fully rolled out yet much like the last major website update. I have been on and off DL.com all day and don't see that.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Safari on iPad.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I certainly would not like it is they went back to only displaying one class of pricing at a time. It is much easier to shop and compare flight options with the columns. Now if you could select/exclude columns that would be helpful, such as not displaying basic econ.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
I certainly would not like it is they went back to only displaying one class of pricing at a time. It is much easier to shop and compare flight options with the columns. Now if you could select/exclude columns that would be helpful, such as not displaying basic econ.
Perhaps their goal is to hide basic economy fares so people don’t always realize how much the pricing premium for elite benefits and seat assignments is. The difference has been creeping up, just as most of us predicted it would when BE was introduced, and it’s possible they have reached a pain threshold where they are starting to see more people opt for the BE fare (which isn’t actually the goal)...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the (iPhone) app has been like that -- only showing one "experience" at a time, rather than the multi-column table from the full website (no doubt due to space constraints) -- for months
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

It is definitely new since last week to the iPad...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
Can you take a screenshot?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like it's just using the m.delta.com mobile site to display the fares. With Chrome on Android, there's a checkbox in the Chrome settings menu for "Desktop site" which results in Delta displaying the results in the normal desktop layout instead of showing the results from the mobile site. Don't know if Safari has a similar setting. I would imagine Chrome on IPad would provide it.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

I tried, but can’t get it to post. FWIW, it now looks just like the iPhone app. Each cabin segregated to its own page. As late as last week, it showed all the fare options in columns on one page. I wonder how long it will be before they “enhance” all versions so you have wade through screen after screen to compare fares��.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it look like this?? If so, it's just using the mobile site interface now on Safari on the IPad and nothing to freak out about. I found this tip for getting Safari to identify as a desktop so you can the get the desktop display --
https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/s...phone-0163057/

Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, LBJ
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

I tried that. It will give me the desktop booking page. But the results show as the m.delta.com. When I hold the refresh down on that result page, it cycles back to the desktop booking page.

So I tried in Chrome. It will give me the html booking page, but defaults to the mobile site display for the results.

Anyone else with an iPad getting the same thing?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
I’ve had similar things happen to me. If I close the page, quit Safari, relaunch Safari and reopen the Delta page, it seems to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.