Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Upgrades Using Delta Amex Reserve Companion Ticket?

Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold

I will be using my complimentary companion certificate for my wife, also a Platinum member. I want to confirm that we will both be eligible for complimentary upgrades to Comfort and First. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
If it is the reserve card, why not just purchase first? To answer your question however, you and your companion will be eligible for upgrades.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by yogimax
I will be using my complimentary companion certificate for my wife, also a Platinum member. I want to confirm that we will both be eligible for complimentary upgrades to Comfort and First. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Your title and post content seem to conflict. One is "Reserve" and the other is "Platinum".

Regardless, you're both still eligible for complimentary upgrades.

As coincidence would have it, less than two hours ago I just happened to use one of my AXR certs for my wife and I on a trip out to PDX in two weeks. Paid F for me, and the AXR cert worked perfectly for her in the seats next to me. BHM>ATL>SLC>PDX>ATL>BHM. ATL>SLC is in a 333 D1 lay flats. I presume it's still F, but with the wrinkle of it being on a 333. I doubt there is D1 service on ATL>SLC.

Total for both of us R/T in F was <$1500 using the cert.

A few months back I used one of our AXP companion certs and we were both UGd to F.

Last edited by TheHorta; Nov 12, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Paid F for me, and the AXR cert worked perfectly.
The fact that when using the certificate it will only let you choose flights that are eligible for it, I would hope that it would work perfectly.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:16 pm

Atl and slc do run d1
TheHorta likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.