Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Stop the Sky Priority Boarding Cattle Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Why doesn’t Delta bird Platinums before Golds and general Sky Priority? Anyone with a credit card qualifies for SP, so it’s a zoo to board with everyone jockeying for position. Please treat your valued Platimums better, and board them after Diamonds!
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
While I agree with the spirit of your post, credit cards do not get SKY boarding - they get Zone 1. The Reserve card gets you SKY security but that's it (just zone 1 for boarding).
jinglish likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
What's next? A boarding pillar for every medallion level?
kthomas, puck021, jinglish and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Correction

Thanks for the card correction. My bad. Still, Plats should board before Golds, and you don’t need a pillar for every zone: just combine the bottom ones.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by dcruiksh
Thanks for the card correction. My bad. Still, Plats should board before Golds, and you don’t need a pillar for every zone: just combine the bottom ones.
And you're a Gold, right? Just trying to make things right for all of the Platinums? Or is this another one of those "Here's a way that Delta could make things better for EVERYONE (coincidentally, by making a change that benefits me, directly)" posts?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Let me guess, you are a Platinum? If you were Gold, you'd surely combine Plat & Gold and the rest would be 'the bottom ones'.

There's no perfect system, but since Diamonds board with F, splitting Plats up into their own single boarding doesn't make much sense.

Right now (I believe) it is F/J/Diamond, then Plat/Gold/C+, then Silver/CC holders in Zone 1. That's a pretty reasonable split to me. If you really want to be in that top group, then earn Diamond, or buy F/J.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
assign boarding numbers; rank passengers by rolling MQD.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
assign boarding numbers; rank passengers by rolling MQD.
Alphabetically, by the 3rd letter in your last name. If you don't have 3 letters in your last name, you don't get to board - you are too presumptuous to fly.

As an added benefit, Steve Wozniak boards last.

In the event of a tie, advantage goes to the person who has most recently spayed or neutered a pet cat.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Diamonds should have their own jetway and boarding door. I don't appreciate the stench of Platinums and Golds rubbing off onto my Tumi.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Diamonds should have their own jetway and boarding door. I don't appreciate the stench of Platinums and Golds rubbing off onto my Tumi.
Funny, the paid F pax are saying the same about you Diamonds!

AA does: CK, F, EXP, PP/P, G
then general boarding 5-9

​​​​​​I like the separation of F from the elites. But who, when they qualify for a particular benefit, find fault with it?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Maybe sort of quiz to better break out the groups ... or as we are approaching Festivus, maybe Feats of Strength.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:31 pm

I think they should have a separate boarding for paid F/J and then upgraded F/J boards last to knock down their egos a bit. Some of the worst behaved in F are there because of an upgrade.
puck021, Webogirl, Widgets and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheHorta
LAX has separate lines for PREM's so we don't have to wade through SKY gate lice. On the whole, LAX sucks, but they did get this one right
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
LAX has separate lines for PREM's so we don't have to wade through SKY gate lice. On the whole, LAX sucks, but they did get this one right
LAX also has T3, which counteracts just about any positive experience before boarding. They need a zip line or pneumatic tube from the slightly less horrible SC to allow direct boarding.
arunhn, jamiestr and CPMaverick like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dcruiksh

You do realize that, because DM's board with first/delta one, and silver does not get Sky Priority, that you are asking for a special boarding zone just for platinums, right? Currently it is just Plat & Gold that get SP boarding, plus pax seated in C+, most of whom are usually GM and above anyways.
marcdc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.