Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL ticket - Trying to get AF TATL Y seat assignments without paying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL ticket - Trying to get AF TATL Y seat assignments without paying

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by davetravels
So, I have BPs that show 46G/H, but supposedly, AF changed them to 40A/B!!!

UGH!!!
So, here's what ended up happening . . . .

Several times throughout the evening, I called AF to see what seats were showing. Each time I called, the seats had been changed from what the previous AF/DL phone agent told me they would be! On one call, they had been moved from 2 seats together, to 2 seats in totally different rows - AND - I asked if the original seats were available, and THEY WERE! Why would they have been moved if the seats they were in (Row 40, I think) were still open?

Anyway, when they got to JFK - following my suggestions - they went to the ticket counter, and told the ticket agent that they were on their honeymoon (NOT my suggestion), and really wanted to sit together! It really was their honeymoon, but, they got married last December. The agent gave them a "2-sie" in something like row 52, which was WAY better than sitting in a row of 4! Those seats were available when I attempted to change their seats, but, AF wanted $52 each! The agent even told them the same thing! Nice!

THEN, the flight was delayed for about 3 hours due to snow, deicing, etc, causing them to miss their connection to PRG, and the next flight was full, so, they rebooked them on a Czech airlines codeshare flight, and they arrived at PRG about 7:40 late. A great start to their honeymoon!

THEN . . . . the problems coming home! . . . . New story . . . .

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...out-ec261.html

Last edited by davetravels; Nov 22, 2018 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Sorry to resurrect a thread but I'm in similar situation to the OP here.

I picked up a cheap multicity fare JFK-LHR/ORY-JFK - the outbound is DL marketed and operated and as a GM I got exit row assignments already - all is well there. The return is DL marketed but AF operated. I ticketed this on DL stock through Amex Travel for the bonus points and pay with points options.

For the return, on DL's website it wanted to charge me $16 for my seat and $32 for my friend's seat - apparently this is in line with ST Elite Plus benefits. To make sure, I went to AF's site to check the pricing and found the same thing. After selecting my seats on the AF website, I clicked continue to move to payment but then screwed up and close the browser window after it loaded. Having done this I figured I'd just do it through DL then - so when I went back over to DL's site the seats I selected on AF were already populated there. No payment was made.

So what's the chances the seat assignments will stick? It has been 12 hours now so I would assume any timeout on the transaction of AF's website would have expired.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Have you checked your reservation on the AF website to see if the seats are holding? (Not that, that guarantees anything)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by slykens
Sorry to resurrect a thread but I'm in similar situation to the OP here.

I picked up a cheap multicity fare JFK-LHR/ORY-JFK - the outbound is DL marketed and operated and as a GM I got exit row assignments already - all is well there. The return is DL marketed but AF operated. I ticketed this on DL stock through Amex Travel for the bonus points and pay with points options.

For the return, on DL's website it wanted to charge me $16 for my seat and $32 for my friend's seat - apparently this is in line with ST Elite Plus benefits. To make sure, I went to AF's site to check the pricing and found the same thing. After selecting my seats on the AF website, I clicked continue to move to payment but then screwed up and close the browser window after it loaded. Having done this I figured I'd just do it through DL then - so when I went back over to DL's site the seats I selected on AF were already populated there. No payment was made.

So what's the chances the seat assignments will stick? It has been 12 hours now so I would assume any timeout on the transaction of AF's website would have expired.
They should stick but they will ask for payment at the airport.

When that happened to me the gate simply waived it at that point, but as always YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.