FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Is Delta outsourcing Twitter support? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1940033-delta-outsourcing-twitter-support.html)

loratliff Nov 11, 2018 10:11 am

Is Delta outsourcing Twitter support?

Usually, Delta's Twitter team is my favorite way to get support and quick changes made. I just had a comically bad and confusing interaction with them that makes me wonder if they're outsourcing this now—anyone know? I always thought they were Atlanta-based, but this exchange read like a bot or a non-native speaker using Google Translate.

I was thanked for my "hi-octane loyalty" as they "contritely apologized" for their "bungle" before saying they were "standing by to assist me to my heart's content." It was... bizarre.

pvn Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am

I can't imagine any non-native speaker using "bungle" or "hi-octane"

bkamdg Nov 11, 2018 10:41 am

I heard that Delta was trying to incorporate "hi-octane" into their cooperate culture. Like Chick-fil-a is know for their "my pleasure."

Example, "thank you for flying this hi-octane flight from LAX to ATL" or "our hi-octane service will surprise you" or "try our new hi-octane coffee"

MarkP24 Nov 11, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by loratliff (Post 30418104)
Usually, Delta's Twitter team is my favorite way to get support and quick changes made. I just had a comically bad and confusing interaction with them that makes me wonder if they're outsourcing this now—anyone know? I always thought they were Atlanta-based, but this exchange read like a bot or a non-native speaker using Google Translate.

I was thanked for my "hi-octane loyalty" as they "contritely apologized" for their "bungle" before saying they were "standing by to assist me to my heart's content." It was... bizarre.

Probably just one rep. My experiences with the Twitter team have been positive, and I don't believe they're outsourcing.

loratliff Nov 11, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24 (Post 30418225)
Probably just one rep. My experiences with the Twitter team have been positive, and I don't believe they're outsourcing.

That would've been my assumption, but the first rep was so bad that I actually had to ask to speak to another rep and they were both equally... odd. I agree 100% that their Twitter support is great, so I hope this is just a Sunday morning fluke and nothing is changing.

loratliff Nov 11, 2018 11:00 am

Originally Posted by bkamdg (Post 30418192)
I heard that Delta was trying to incorporate "hi-octane" into their cooperate culture. Like Chick-fil-a is know for their "my pleasure."

Example, "thank you for flying this hi-octane flight from LAX to ATL" or "our hi-octane service will surprise you" or "try our new hi-octane coffee"

Oh, dear... I hope not. "Hi-octane loyalty" did make me LOL though.

HWGeeks Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am

Recently applied for a discover card and it said I needed to call to confirm some information. Instead, a chat popped up and said I can use the chat instead. When I was approved the person on the chat said

"Awesome-Sauce you've been approved for $$$$"

I suspect they are trying to make the experience more entertaining not that they out sourced.

TheHorta Nov 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 30418265)
Recently applied for a discover card and it said I needed to call to confirm some information. Instead, a chat popped up and said I can use the chat instead. When I was approved the person on the chat said

"Awesome-Sauce you've been approved for $$$$"

I suspect they are trying to make the experience more entertaining not that they out sourced.

Only 4 dollar signs? :D

MarkP24 Nov 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta (Post 30418575)

:) I general, I've seen some customer service reps when chatting try to be funny.

HWGeeks Nov 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta (Post 30418575)

Yeah didn't get the 5th.

TheHorta Nov 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24 (Post 30418607)
:) I general, I've seen some customer service reps when chatting try to be funny.

I'd be an awesome online CS rep. I wouldn't last long... but it'd be epic.

dinanm3atl Nov 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Not sure but can't remember any negative experiences. I signed my daughter up for sky miles and the online app/email form said up to 30 days. I tweeted and asked realistic time frame to get setup as I want to get moved to C+ and apply RUCs. Person replied and I was setup in sub 5min. It has been over a week and no reply to the email I sent with the form.

EG33 Nov 11, 2018 1:49 pm

I've noticed an increase in response time over the last year as well as a steady decrease in ability to assist. I have started going back to the DM line, which I've found much better (and faster) success with in recent days. My most recent attempt using Twitter took over an hour to get a seat assignment. Called the DM line. Less than 5 min. Unless I'm in the air and need on the spot assistance (aka calling isn't an option), I'm sticking with the DM line from now on.

HWGeeks Nov 11, 2018 2:35 pm

I think everyone knows twitter is more helpful than phoning in. And the twitter team is over taxed.

aquamarinesteph Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

My most recent Twitter interaction with the Delta team (within the last 30 days) was fabulous and way better than expected.

Having said that, some of their online reps are way better than others.